AMD 6 Core or 3.7GHz Quad?

I'm running, right now a Callisto 3.2 GHz OC'd ast 3.8. Which way to go? Thanks!

I Just Build For Family And Friends.

Edited by MINDSCI

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better he does get a good Z68 board and just wait for Ivy Bridge, it'll be a good 30% performance increase over Sandy and it should be around after Bulldozer's release. IMO, I would rather have Intel because of the amount of pwnage over AMD in benchies, but downside is you gotta have have some deep pockets w/ $$$. ;)

Better he does get a good Z68 board and just wait for Ivy Bridge, it'll be a good 30% performance increase over Sandy and it should be around after Bulldozer's release. IMO, I would rather have Intel because of the amount of pwnage over AMD in benchies, but downside is you gotta have have some deep pockets w/ $$$. ;)

Who says ivy is 30% faster than Sandy. Ivy has been delayed till 1st Q 2012 snd you will be lucky to see it 2nd Q 2012. BTW, Bulldozer will outperform Zany with actual cores with shared resources vs vital cores without dared resources LOL.....

Edited by Drdeath

Intel > AMD, always will be.

In benches, yes. In the real world, you never see the difference.

And before people incite a mob saying fanboy this and fanboy that, I use everything from high end i7s, Xeons, i5s etc to my hexcore at home, my phenom II quad core image machine at work, to my AthlonXP on a daily basis. I have never felt bad about getting an AMD over Intel because having a higher score in benchmarks never really made a difference in my ability to game. My wallet is also nice and full too as my rig cost me less than 1000 total lol

In benches, yes. In the real world, you never see the difference.

Lol the only people who say this are the people who own AMD :P

I went from 1090t to i7 920 and BIG difference in loading times and FPS in certain cpu intense games while doing background tasks and then went from 920 to 2600k which was not a big difference but was noticable :)

I'd wait for Bulldozer and then when it loses (not if but WHEN :P ) to Sandy Bridge you can go for a 2600k or if you are patient then Ivy