Error 1324.The path Program Files (x86) help!

chrisdebx

Hello everyone,

I have been for an hour now trying to install cyberlink power director 9 and i previously had the 7.0 instaled. My problem when trying to uninstall the 7.0 or install the 9.0 for that matter is that i get this message: "Error 1324.The path Program Files (x86) contains an invalid character." and i only have this problem with this program and no others.

I have been looking on may forums and i haven't found a solutionto this problem yet.

So if any of you guys/girls have any ideas they would be greatly apreceated!

thx beforehad

chris

This happens sometimes usually on vista machines after a large update and your registry files get messed up for whatever reason.

You can try this program below:Download this free 30 day trial: http://www.revouninstaller.com/

This should remove it for you. Then you can just uninstall Revo from windows like normal.

I have done this next thing in the past with mixed results.

You can go in to the actual directory of the Cyberlink folder and just delete the entire file.

Then go back in to windows add/remove programs and hit remove. Since nothing is there Windows should just remove whatever is left (in theory) sometimes it wont and your stuck with the icon sitting in your add/remove file list.

You could always then re-install the old one and then uninstall it.

I would also suggest getting and running CCleaner. It is a registry/file cleaner program. This could cleanup/fix some of your registry issues possibly allow you to uninstall the program.

Hope one of those options help!

I agree with Psywar. It's likely a registry error.

Start task manager and manually stop all cyberlink applications and processes.

Make sure that System Restore is turned off if you have it enabled.

Scour your hard drive and manually remove all Cyberlink files and folders (make sure to enable view all files)

After that, open up your registry editor and manually delete all Cyberlink and PowerDVD registry entries.

Also, the suggestions to use Revouninstaller and CCleaner are great too. Both are super programs.

On CCleaner be advised that the default mode is to just clean up old files and folders, but on the left hand side of the menu you'll

see an option for Registry. It's a great registry cleaner especially considering that it's free :)

Thank you for your the answers i have tried revo drive and ccleaner and other regestry cleaning programs, so i will try to change the regestries manually but once the regedit open open where do i go to clean any ideas ?

thx again

Disclaimer and Warning - BACK UP YOUR CURRENT REGISTRY SETTINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING

The Windows Registry Editor has a find function. Open your registry editor.

Right Click on the first registry key (i.e. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT ) select "Find"

screenhunter.jpg

15640289.jpg

In the "Find What" box type in Cyberlink and then click find next.

85899928.jpg

You'll also see options on the left hand side of the registry editor allowing you to "pick" what you want to find. Since you sound like this is the first time you've been in the registry editor use extreme caution. A mistake in here could render your whole OS inoperable.

Anyway - keep your search to top level entries by selecting the "Keys" and "Match Whole String Only" options. Don't select the other available search options.

75005440.jpg

Select "Next". Registry scanning will begin, once the first key is found, delete it and then press F3 - that will start the scan again - continue this until you've deleted all Cyberlink keys.

Once you've found and deleted any Cyberlink registry entries, start the process over. This time searching for PowerDVD.

Above all else - see the very first sentence of my post about backing up your current registry settings.

Hmmm this is rather anoying, it's not working and i deleted everything that had something to do with the program, well i guess i'll just have to reformat the pc. Well thanks for your help, i learned much by looking into this regestry stuff!!

muchas gracias

Well, that sucks. Sorry that all of our suggestions have been fruitless so far.

Sometimes you just gotta backup and punt. It's a bummer about a reinstall though. Don't forget to backup any important files :)