soundscience Halo Bias Lighting Review

bp9801

OCC reviewer BluePanda takes a look at a new product designed to give off some light behind your monitor. See what she thinks of it as OCC reviews the soundscience Halo Bias Lighting - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/soundscience_halo_bias_lighting/

Looks like it might be more effective if it changed colors. (maybe a setting for white, the same overall color as the screen, and the opposite of the color on the screen.)

Looks like it might be more effective if it changed colors. (maybe a setting for white, the same overall color as the screen, and the opposite of the color on the screen.)

That'd add quite a bit to the cost and complexity of the little thing. :P I can't imagine the driver being all that great for it either lol.

Great Review! Interesting Product.

I know most of the Dell Ultra Sharp Monitors all have USB ports built into them. So I am Assuming the company that made this item assumes your monitor will probably have a USB port built-in on it as well.

Great Job!

I've heard of some of the fancier HDTV having a back light feature, but never demoed one. I'll give it a try, since I'm up late at night.

You can get this for free right now from Fry's with a mail-in rebate if anyone is interested.

http://www.frys.com/product/6634394?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Free.......... I'm in haha.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Thanks for the review - I picked one up at Frys for lighting my keyboard. For Dell (or any) monitors with USB ports you can adhere it to the underside of the monitor and plug it into a side or rear port and you've got nice illumination over your keyboard

• 2 months later...

Got my rebate today from Antec :D Only took them three months :(

Shame this new motherboard has always on USB slots. So when I shut off the PC, the light stays on :D I moved its USB to the front panel so I can just unplug it, when I shut off my PC.

Edited by Krazyxazn