Internet drops every night, but I can still ping

Savan

Every morning I get up and I check my email, but lately I have been unable to load any web pages in the morning. I tried reseting the router and the modem and resetting the network card. None of this seem to work. Only after I do a complete restart does the internet work again.

The odd thing though is that I can ping with no lost packets. It has to be something in windows, but I cant figure out what it would be. I've tried disabling IP v6, but that didnt do anything. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

lol i am experiencing Internet issues too. and i live in the other part of the world.

You should call up your ISP and tell them whats happening. They normally fix it quick after you call.

I hate my ISP (bright house) they came to hook up our neighbors internet and just unpluged mine and plug them in. I was so angry when I found out after 2 days of no internet and cable. :vmad:

Edited by Black6464

Savan,

Have you recently changed your Windows power plan? Do you have your NIC set to any power saving mode (such as allowing windows to power down this device to save energy)? Are you using the Windows Sleep or HIbernation functions? What operating system are you running?

NM - reread your post and see that you can execute ping command and get a response. So my above questions are irrelevant.

It's interesting that you can still ping but not get to http. It's as if something starts blocking port 80, until it gets reset. I would double check any software that might restrict this. The fact that you can still ping indicates that DNS is still working fine, but you might try another DNS server (opendns and googledns are good options), just to definitively rule that out as an issue.

Hopefully its not related to Google DNS or Open DNS. I think i am using GoogleDNS. I dont know wth is happening! Bad speed in utorrent, Bad browsing BAD EVERYTHING!

Hopefully its not related to Google DNS or Open DNS. I think i am using GoogleDNS. I dont know wth is happening! Bad speed in utorrent, Bad browsing BAD EVERYTHING!

If yo uare already using googleDNS/openDNS to get your DNS why don't you try going to the default DNS server for your ISP? It would be worth ruling out a DNS configuration issue that way before you get on the phone with your ISP. I try to rule out as much as I can for when the technician comes out so they can pinpoint the issue quickly.

Yup did everything. Was just checking some forums. Saw that the damn Sea cable is in maintenance till 29th! SCREW THEM! WHY NOW!

I have the same issues every now and then. Mine is usually always fixed by just unplugging the router for 20/30sec. Once in a great while I have to shut down the entire system.

I think it's just Linksys's crappy products IMO.