Fry my video card on purpose or Crossfire?

I am currently in a dilemma. I currently have a HD4890 Vapor-X 1GB and I contacted newegg what would happen if I RMA'd my discontinued video card and they responded with the following:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The RMA will be changed into refund if the item is backordered after the RMA is fully processed and you will receive a full refund back to your original payment method within 3-5 business days.

I was wondering if it would be better to fry my video card and get the full refund and then buy a Direct X 11 card OR should I buy another Vapor-X 4890 from eBay (currently looking at a 2GB version)

Edited by WReXSTi

I dont understand .. how are you RMAing it too newegg ? .. dont you have too return it to sapphire. new egg only has A 30 day return on vidoe cards. Now if you payed extra too get like a 2 year from newegg. and they will give you 100% what you paid .. that would be sweet. Not sure how $$ we are talking here .. if getting a refund would pay for A Dx11 card .. then yea.

I ran the 48XX seires in too the drit .. they were very hot and loud ... but severed me very well .. that being said .. I got a 6950 about 2months ago .. and just order my 2nd 6950 yesterday .. you will love them .. they run like ICE vs 48XX and i dont here anything .. ( took a delta fan too cool my 3x 4850s that were OCed all too hell)

I dont understand .. how are you RMAing it too newegg ? .. dont you have too return it to sapphire. new egg only has A 30 day return on vidoe cards. Now if you payed extra too get like a 2 year from newegg. and they will give you 100% what you paid .. that would be sweet. Not sure how $$ we are talking here .. if getting a refund would pay for A Dx11 card .. then yea.

I ran the 48XX seires in too the drit .. they were very hot and loud ... but severed me very well .. that being said .. I got a 6950 about 2months ago .. and just order my 2nd 6950 yesterday .. you will love them .. they run like ICE vs 48XX and i dont here anything .. ( took a delta fan too cool my 3x 4850s that were OCed all too hell)

Sapphire's return policy states that I have to contact the vendor to get the video card replaced. I originally paid 195 for my 4890 and that full amount will be refunded. I want to upgrade my card to support Battlefield 3 perfectly haha.

Sapphire's return policy states that I have to contact the vendor to get the video card replaced. I originally paid 195 for my 4890 and that full amount will be refunded. I want to upgrade my card to support Battlefield 3 perfectly haha.

hey if u can get 200 thats great fro $50 bucks more u can pick up a 560ti or a 6950 that can run BF3 no probs. And if u dont have extra money u can always get a 6870 hawk edition

Don't break your card on purpose. :rolleyes: Not only is that dishonest, but that's why replacement is such a hassle with some companies.

If you grab another 4890 - there's no point in getting a 2 GB card since you'll be running Crossfire (it'll only use 1 GB when paired with a 1 GB card).

hey if u can get 200 thats great fro $50 bucks more u can pick up a 560ti or a 6950 that can run BF3 no probs. And if u dont have extra money u can always get a 6870 hawk edition

I'm going to agree with this. And please do not break your card on purpose. That's just a waste.

Don't break your card on purpose. :rolleyes: Not only is that dishonest, but that's why replacement is such a hassle with some companies.

If you grab another 4890 - there's no point in getting a 2 GB card since you'll be running Crossfire (it'll only use 1 GB when paired with a 1 GB card).

I'm going to agree with this. And please do not break your card on purpose. That's just a waste.

This is what I was thinking. It's immoral and my card is working perfectly. Should I just buy another 4890 1GB then? And will that crossfired run battlefield 3?

This is what I was thinking. It's immoral and my card is working perfectly. Should I just buy another 4890 1GB then? And will that crossfired run battlefield 3?

well since the requirements for BF3 say a single 6850 or gtx 460 you should be able to run it fine with 2 4890's the only benefit of getting a new card would be DX11 support

well since the requirements for BF3 say a single 6850 or gtx 460 you should be able to run it fine with 2 4890's the only benefit of getting a new card would be DX11 support

4890s in crossfire are roughly equivalent to a 6850/6970.

Those who have direct x 11, is there a big difference between 10 and 11?

well i was able to clearly notice the difference in BFBC2 and DA2 but remember its not just eye candy it also brings in optimizations and if developers use DX11 correctly newer games will be able to run on even mid range dx11 cards on full settings with playable framerates.