p8p67 wont boot

Hi

having boot problems with my board (in sig)

i was just reading a post on here and got BSOD error 0124. so entered the bios and hit the use optimised settings to run the board stock (was OC to 4.5 just before..)

left the bios and now it wont boot at all.... so reset cmos with jumper - no joy. removed battery no joy...

if i press the power switch the main LED will light and the VGA and CPU LED will flash for less than a second and the fans twitch and stop. and thats all... wtf is happening?

i removed the ram and reseated it and also the gfx card still the same

any ideas please would help

thanks

Remove all power from the system for 10 to 20 seconds, and try rebooting from there. The P8P67 series are able to recover from any oc taken that if you didn't go too far.

Are any red leds near the CPU, RAM, VGA, etc on?

its all brand new stuff

the only LEDs showing are the main power green one and only the VGA and CPU red leds which only flash once and then thats it

no beep codes

i dont have another psu with the 6pin to the mobo so pretty stuffed there OCZ are pretty good though right? (i hope so!) lol

Sorry, if I wasn't clear on the 8 pin power plug. I thought you had another power supply to try it out but didn't have the 8 pin connector, only a 4 pin power connector. You can still use the 4 pin power connector on a 8 pin motherboard.

By power cycling, remove all power from the computer. Disconnect the cable or turn off the power stripe, wait 30 seconds, and try starting it up again.

When you cleared the CMOS, did you unplug the power from the PSU?

Or physically removing the CMOS battery for an hour or so before putting it back in?

When you turn it on, what exactly does it do? Fans spin? No beeps at all? Does your GPU start to kick up? Does your monitor show anything besides a black screen?

Edited by LuckyDeath

Removing the battery should only take 30 seconds max, not an hour. Take it out, unplug the power, press the power button for 30 seconds, put the battery back in, plug it back in, and turn it on.

That's what I learned as "power cycling" a couple years ago. Is that wrong?

i left it all day with cmos jumper on clear, battery out and AC lead removed

it boots now so thanks for the advise with removing the power lead

on boot now i get one sharp bleep and says no HDD detected but still boots ok lol