Build suggestion? $1800-2000 budget

Consoleslol

Anyone have a good build suggestion for playing games at 1920 x 1080 on a single monitor (27")? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005237

I want to be able to play all games maxed out on everything (including Skyrim even though specs aren't out). Probably gonna go with a Sandybridge 2500k and a Sabretooth mobo. Really just need advice on a gpu that will crush games for awhile and not be obsolete in a few months.

Be prepared for the AMD versus nVidia wars on this one :)

Lets get first things out of the way first. Are you considering one monster card or two mid-high level cards for Crossfire or SLi?

Your budget for the hardware really gives you a ton of options.

Im prepared to buy a 590 if I have to to be future proof lol. I Just dont want to get overkill where Im wasting a lot of money just to make sure my card is good for a year or two. All the benchmark tests I see are for ridiculous high resolution so Im wondering what card can push out max at 1080p. As far as single card or si/xfire id rather have single with the option to add one in the future.

Ok, so I'll start the wars :)

First let me tell you upfront that I'm a Crossfire & SLi junkie. So I hardly ever buy the single biggest baddest gpu on the planet. Instead I "settle" for two of the next tier models, or maybe even one tier below that. There are several reasons for that; cost, size of the card, heat and noise (or lack thereof specifically).

So to put myself in your shoes, instead of buying one GTX 580 or one GTX 590 I'd end up with two GTX 560Ti or two GTX 570 cards - oh wait, that's exactly what I have. Same methodology would apply to the AMD offerings.

But realistically, at 1920x1080 any of the current high end offerings from AMD or nVidia are going to perform splendidly. Just pick your team color (green or red) and go with it.

Essentially you come down to the AMD HD 6970 or nVidia GTX 580 if you're looking for readily available single card solutions. However, I'll go out on a limb and tell you that the GTX 570 card would make a good choice too.

Lol 570 is definitely a good choice. If you plan on buyin from AMD then you'll have more upgradability in my opinion because you can crossfire it with different card models so you can buy the top of the line AMD card then a couple years down the road get anther top of the line AMD card and crossfire em.

what about an MSI GTX 580 3gb lightning?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127589

That way I can buy another in the future if games get more demanding. Or will 2 570s 1.5 gb be a big improvement at 1080p?