Looking for Input

Stonerboy779

I am putting together a new entertainment/gaming rig and am looking for input my set up at the moment is:

Case: CoolerMaster 690 II Advance

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard B3

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler

Memory: Corsair Vengeance CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3  Two sticks for now

Video Card: ASUS Radeon HD 6870 DirectCU 1gb one card now and Crossfire later

Optical Device: ASUS DRW-24B3LT 24X DVDRW LightScribe

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750watt Modular Power Supply

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB WD5002AALX  and Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EALX 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit with SP1 OEM

Cooling: Replacing non LED fans with blue CM fans and optioning in nearly every other fan replacing the side or rather modding the existing side to accommodate a rather large clear acrylic window with a central 140mm fan

Aesthetics: blue cable covering the side window and at some point maybe cold cathodes or led strips not sure

Thanks for any input

I am putting together a new entertainment/gaming rig and am looking for input my set up at the moment is:

Case: CoolerMaster 690 II Advance

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard B3

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler

Memory: Corsair Vengeance CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3  Two sticks for now

Video Card: ASUS Radeon HD 6870 DirectCU 1gb one card now and Crossfire later

Optical Device: ASUS DRW-24B3LT 24X DVDRW LightScribe

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750watt Modular Power Supply

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB WD5002AALX  and Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EALX 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit with SP1 OEM

Cooling: Replacing non LED fans with blue CM fans and optioning in nearly every other fan replacing the side or rather modding the existing side to accommodate a rather large clear acrylic window with a central 140mm fan

Aesthetics: blue cable covering the side window and at some point maybe cold cathodes or led strips not sure

Thanks for any input

welcome to OCC! your build looks good. you'll be getting really good performance with that CPU/GPU combo and you leave youself an upgrade path with crossfire.

Welcome to OCC!!

Wow, that's quite a skillfully assembled machine!!

Where do you plan to order it all??

I'd recommend the Barracuda 500GB instead from personal experience they're often the best deal and perform awesome!

Where do you plan to order it all??

I'd recommend the Barracuda 500GB instead from personal experience they're often the best deal and perform awesome!

Thanks I thought it would be half alright but no point in not seeking a little input.

Well I am an aussie so my order is going through a group of guys called PCCaseGear they have there factory near me and have been good in the past.

Having a look at it it is much much cheaper than the WD but I have had little to no experiance with Seagate so I stayed awway form it in setting up my build. But what would you say makes it a good drive?

Thanks

Thanks I thought it would be half alright but no point in not seeking a little input.

Well I am an aussie so my order is going through a group of guys called PCCaseGear they have there factory near me and have been good in the past.

Having a look at it it is much much cheaper than the WD but I have had little to no experiance with Seagate so I stayed awway form it in setting up my build. But what would you say makes it a good drive?

Thanks

I bought one for my dad and one for my cousin, it's just such a fast platter drive, it runs so quiet, the price is fantastic, and Seagate has always been good to me (despite me just coming from a VelociRaptor before my Vertex....which honestly the Seagate felt faster than my Raptor)

Sound reasons have you had any experience with the old and new builds ie .11 and .12 because I remember there being some issues mentioned about the drives that is fixed now in the new release.

I may get it and also change my 2tb over also

Just changed my vengeance ram from the black model to the exact same spec blue one (saved $10) :) going to look great in the case

Sound reasons have you had any experience with the old and new builds ie .11 and .12 because I remember there being some issues mentioned about the drives that is fixed now in the new release.

I may get it and also change my 2tb over also

Just changed my vengeance ram from the black model to the exact same spec blue one (saved $10) :) going to look great in the case

I did have one 7200.11 drive die on me during that period of time where the 1TB drives had bad firmware but it could have been avoided by me just updating the firmware BEFORE I put the 600+GB of anime on it so that was my own fault.

My 7200.11 1.5TB drive is still running strong (as is my old 7200.11 1TB, since that's my friend's OS drive now...the replacement for the one that died) and I'm running a newer LP 2TB from Seagate and it's rather quick for a 5900RPM drive. I can't tell a difference between it and a normal 7200RPM drive

Thats goof news and of course after the mass amount of stuff goes on thats the way it works

Well I do beleive I will go the seagate and use the saved money on my planned mini project for the external hdd dock on the case using the space there for a sound processor