lga775 motherboard bent pin question

I sold a motherboard to someone who is claiming I sent him damaged goods. He says it posts but freezes at windows desktop because the pins were "slightly damaged." Now let me ask you guys, wouldn't damaged pins prevent the motherboard from posting in the first place? Freezing after booting into windows at the desktop suggests a software problem to me, no?

The issue is something else other than the pins being bent.

Possible Issues:

• Unstable overclock
  • BIOS running RAM on incorrect settings
  • Corrupted system files
  • Didn't do a fresh Windows Install when transferring old hdd to new motherboard (OS might be trying access things on the old motherboard that aren't there anymore)

Ask him to boot into safe mode and use startup repair, if he can't then tell him to use the repair on the install disc.

Edited by Krazyxazn

it pains me to say this, ok i'm the bobo that dropped a screwdriver onto the socket of my asus rampage formula and completely ruined the mobo...i tried to repair the pins with a powerful magnifying glass and a fine hypodermic needle but i never did get the thing back to right... my mistake cost me a fantastic mobo (which ended up in the trash) that had to be replaced...some damage can be ruinous, but some can be corrected...it just takes VERY fine instruments and alot of patience...