Choosing Between x86 & ARM

AlphaX

Choosing Between x86 & ARM  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What Do Choose If you Have These As An Option In Your Laptop/Desktop ?

As the title suggest what do you choose performance+heat+power usage or slightly low performance+super low heat+super low power consumption i think ARM is catching very greatly I think theyll match those i7 in a few years and they have already matched core 2 duo what do you think

Edited by Techy Boy

As the title suggest what do you choose performance+heat+power usage or slightly low performance+super low heat+super low power consumption i thonk ARM is catching very greatly I theyll match those i7 in a few years and they have already matched core 2 duo what do you think

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-s-Kal-El-Quad-Core-ARM-Chip-Is-Actually-Slower-Than-Intel-s-Core-2-Duo-T7200-185406.shtml

I beg to differ ;) I don't really believe ARM will get anywhere in the Desktop and Notebook (15" and above) Market. Simply because SOC's don't have the same appeal as say the old i7/Phenom II with a Radeon/GeForce IMO. I just don't ARM very much either. If I had it my way AMD would get fusion into smartphones next year.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-s-Kal-El-Quad-Core-ARM-Chip-Is-Actually-Slower-Than-Intel-s-Core-2-Duo-T7200-185406.shtml

I beg to differ ;) I don't really believe ARM will get anywhere in the Desktop and Notebook (15" and above) Market. Simply because SOC's don't have the same appeal as say the old i7/Phenom II with a Radeon/GeForce IMO. I just don't ARM very much either. If I had it my way AMD would get fusion into smartphones next year.

ive heard some things about arm and amd teaming up on some upcoming projects