dling

the best vga card ?

So who makes the badest vga card now ? I have a MSI 5970 and was thinking about upgrading.

I have been out of the loop for most of the year busy with work .

Thanks.

It would be the 6990 :) The GTX590 cant beat it .

But dual 580's beat all :P

It would be the 6990 :) The GTX590 cant beat it .

But dual 580's beat all :P

Well dual 580's beat all except...

a 6990 in tri-fire with a 6970(which is a good comparison because 2x 580's is pretty much the same price as a 6990+6970)

Or 3x 580's, lololol.evilgrin.gif

But the best card on the market at the moment is the 6990, its loud a shiza though, GTX590 has the good benefit of being smaller and quieter, both use a ton of power, but im sure your used to power heavy power requirements being that you already have a 5970.

Well dual 580's beat all except...

a 6990 in tri-fire with a 6970(which is a good comparison because 2x 580's is pretty much the same price as a 6990+6970)

I actually beat Speedway's three 6970's in 3D Mark 11 :teehee: And Im sure I'd beat them in real life due to AMD's crap tri-fire support (I should know since I had tri-fire 5870's)

Or 3x 580's, lololol.evilgrin.gif

I agree there but in real gaming most dont even use the third card most of the time :teehee:

I actually beat Speedway's three 6970's in 3D Mark 11 :teehee: And Im sure I'd beat them in real life due to AMD's crap tri-fire support (I should know since I had tri-fire 5870's)

I agree there but in real gaming most dont even use the third card most of the time :teehee:

http://hardocp.com/article/2011/04/11/amd_radeon_69906970_crossfirex_trifire_review/

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/28/nvidia_geforce_3way_sli_radeon_trifire_review

You were saying?

I dont have three screens :P Everyone knows when you have 3 screens the 2GB mem beats 1.5Gb mem.

If the 6970's had only 1.5GB then it may be much closer

I dont have three screens :P Everyone knows when you have 3 screens the 2GB mem beats 1.5Gb mem.

If the 6970's had only 1.5GB then it may be much closer

But the 6970 doesnt have 1.5GB, it has 2GB! biggrin.gif

Lol regardless for one monitor, unless its 2560x1600, even a 5970 is overkill. Hes asking about an upgrade, which i dont think is needed, but i wouldnt stop em either, lol. I LOVE upgrading my computer lol. Simply put 6990+6970 Tri-fire is not only a better value, but a better performance in most games than 2x 580's in SLI or even 3x580's in SLI.

Being that you have a 5970 already, to me, the only worth while upgrade is a 6990, and if you really wanted to get fancy, another 6970 for trifire... But my recommendation to you dling would be to wait and see what the nVidia GTX6xx and AMD HD 7xxx series have to offer. I cant imagine on a single monitor that there is any game you cant play on max settings with awesome FPS with a 5970.

3 6970 in trifire will work better and cooler than a 6990 and a 6970. Try the 6970 lightning, they run a lot cooler than the ordinary 6970, but this is an total overkill...

Honestly I dont think this guys budget is in for any of the stuff we mentioned .

He asked the best single VGZ and that is the 6990 .

He should wait for the next series of gpus as the 5970 can still dominate todays games

Thanks for all of the responses guys. I 'm only interested single card upgrade. (Another 5790 could be the answer though). But I am also willing to wait for the next greatest thing.

My current card is fine, I just have been thinking that its been a while since I've done any upgrades and video is always a good one :thumbsup: