MINECRAFT

BluePanda

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to watch me blow up a whole bunch of TNT? :D

Not sure when I'm going to be doing this though, still have some work to do yet.

As long as it's far away from the main structures...MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A VID :D

As long as it's far away from the main structures...MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A VID :D

Not to worry, it's not even close to anyone's stuff, and it's at my place so the entire spawn area is 100% safe. It's probably not going to be terribly wild anyway, I'm actually just clearing some land for a project but it should be an entertaining event I think. Not sure if I can get a video for it, I have fraps but it doesn't seem to work properly anymore, I guess I can try to get that working and if that fails I can always broadcast it to JTV and get it from there, quality might suck though so I'm going to see if I can get fraps to work again.

Well I'm about ready to start blowing things up if anyone wants to come on the server and watch.

Edit: I've done the explodings and it wasn't nearly as impressive as I thought it would be, going to try another one.

Edit Edit: Redid it, was a bit better this time. Still a lot of exploding to do yet but I'm going to take a break from it.

Edit Edit Edit: Too much editting going on here but I don't think this is worth a whole new post itself. Anyway, I found a neat little, long actually, series where these two guys play minecraft together and it actually turns into being a pretty epic series after a while.

, so there's the link for anyone that enjoys these sort of things, also this isn't just one the usual "let's play" things, this has a story and is pretty much a comedy.

Also check out this really awesome castle full of puzzles and challenges, a lot of fun, especially if you're looking forward to the upcoming adventure updates and stuff like that. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

Okay so it seems like the next minecraft update is pretty close now. 1.8 is the next version to be released and with it apparently comes a great deal of changes and many additions, as you can see here.

Just to highlight some of the more important things though, it seems they will be adding:

A new mob, called endermen, I guess the way this thing works is that if you look directly at it, with your crosshair on it, it will stop whatever it's doing and look straight at you, then if you take the crosshair away from it, it will I guess run or teleport at you very quickly. I guess the idea with this mob is that it's supposed to be creepy, I'm not sure but I think it's based off of Slenderman, which I don't know a lot about really. Personally I think it will be almost funny, it reminds me of that the game "green light, red light" where you can tell people to move and stop moving.

Another thing we will see is Villages, with NPCs? Not sure about the NPCs, those might not be a part of it yet but there are going to be villages, which is just houses spread around certain areas really. I think this could be interesting depending on how rare they are because it seems to me like you could simply start a new world, walk about for a while, happen upon a village, and you have yourself pre-built shelter.

The last thing that I find pretty interesting is a hunger bar, you apparently get hungry now, and this need to feast is represented by a bar to the right of the health bar, where the armor bar currently is, not sure where they're sticking that thing now though. I don't really like the sound of a hunger bar, I always remember hunger being one of my biggest issues with any games that had it, this really reminds me of GTA SA because your character had to eat all the time, but apparently he figured he could get hungry every ten minutes, and not get fat.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say, I just wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts for the next update or even keeps up with that sort of thing.

Well I got a little bit tired of blowing things up, how can you get tired of that? When it's a 150x150 mountainness area. :D

Anyway, while taking this breaking I decided to check out some videos of minecraft stuffs on the youtubes, and came across one in particular that led me to downloading an awesome map, and that led me to a developer thread for said, in which I discovered how they made some of the stuff, using a program called Binvox! That was a lot of nothing just to lead up to Binvox but I don't care, anyway, Binvox is a 3D modeling programs the will take 3D models and voxelize them, making them very easy to create in Minecraft. I played around with this for a little while and made a few small things from it but decided to try something a bit larger, as seen below.

Took me a good while to make this but it certainly was nice to see when finished. I haven't furnished the inside of it yet but I've completed the outside for the most part, maybe add some torches to keep the monsters off it. Anyway, just wanted to share this and Binvox with you guys. I actually didn't use Binvox when I made that though, I tried to make it using Binvox and it ended up coming out funny looking so I decided to just use the ground frame and do it all myself. Here's a link to Binvox for anyone interested, if you need more help with it refer to this thread on the Minecraft Forums.

Also, if anyone wants to see the building in game, I did build it on the server, it's at my place though so be prepared for a lengthy subway ride if you're at the spawn. :D

So that's what you've been doing. :P

What compass/map mod is that?

The one I'm using is Rei's Minimap. It's pretty useful for me because it allows you to mark waypoints in the world and since I'm always far far away, I never lose track of my locations. Mainly I have it just because I think it looks kind of cool though, it actually does a lot more in single player though, such as showing enemies as red dots or animals as white dots.

• 2 weeks later...