SoftTH

Hi All!

I have a 3 screen set-up comprising of 3 screens with differing resolutions, and have always wanted to use Eyefinity. I can, but it looks horrible on my main screen as 1280 x 1024 stretched over 24"'s looks terrible. Further, I cant use bezel correction, which means nothing lines up properly.

On my searches for a solution that would work I came across Softh TH. This is a fantastic bit of software that allows you to run 3 screen gaming with virtually any make up of graphics cards and monitors!

About the only thing it doesn't do yet is support SLi/Crossfire (for me it only uses the primary card.)

I have got it running across my 3 screens all at native resolution AND bezel corrected on Left 4 Dead 2, and its fantastic! The BEST bit is, you set this up per-application. No more activating Eyefinity single big display mode, and having all your programs move around and loose there positions.

I have had a real blast playing Left 4 Dead 2 properly across 3 screens! Would recommend this to anyone who has 3 mis-matched screens, or dosent have SLi for nV surround!

It does have some drawbacks:

Only DX9 or older games supported

No support for SLi/CFX (at least that I could get working. There are guides but it did not work for me)

I know I may be late to the party with this, as it has been around since 2008, but I figured with Eyefinity and Surround now all the talk, I am sure it is not just me who does not want to splash out on 3 matching 1920x1200 displays to enjoy 3 screen gaming!

It does have some drawbacks:

Only DX9 or older games supported

No support for SLi/CFX (at least that I could get working. There are guides but it did not work for me)

And this is why it's not very popular. few card today support more then 2 monitors, most need to use SLI or CFX to achieve this.

Well, its great for people who have say a GTX 580 and a low end card just lying around.

Throw the low end card in to drive the 3rd screen, and away you go. Surround gaming without having to buy another 580. :)

Just tried this with Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch, and the no-crossfire does suck!

Running @ 1920 x 1200 in CF I was getting 300FPS constant, and both GPUs where loaded to about 25%. (Guessing 300FPS is the limit)

Then I enabled SoftTH @ 5120 x 1200, which dose not use CF, and then I was getting 40 FPS with 1 card loaded to 100%!

Still very playable and just looks awesome!

Well, its great for people who have say a GTX 580 and a low end card just lying around.

Throw the low end card in to drive the 3rd screen, and away you go. Surround gaming without having to buy another 580. :)

I see how that would be better then CF or SLI. That does seem neat!