System was running and then blackout -__-

MJCRO

Well me and cousin rebuilt his PC for the new HAF 912 ;) that I ordered for him, and yeah had it running and everything and in windows loading up some Mafia 2 to screw around :), had the game running and were playing for like 5 minutes and then the screen went black and then his 8600GT as a physx card starting going 100% fan speed like it does at boot up. Then when I opened up the case, I'll switch it on and then the CPU fan does not spin, either does the GTX 260's fan. I'm not a noob to all this? But this feels like a bad OC! But I'm sure I didn't any save any profile while in the BIOS. I'm leaving it over night unplugged. Anyone seen this before when not from a bad OC? 0.o

Edited by MJCRO

So you guys think I should just skip benching it on the desk and seeing if it works with other stuff or just scrap the board, I've already swapped out GPU's and CPU's, still same problem. Yeah but I really am not sure.

Well the PSU still powers everything except the CPU and GPU, it's a 550W OCZ Fatality, no more then 2 years old. The red LED still runs and the fans spin on it when powered on.

Edited by MJCRO

for giggles swap PSUs if that dont do it then definitely dead board....

Yup, yup. Good looking out bowtie. I'll try it out and then peace out to the mobo if it's done! lol2.gif

Edited by MJCRO

Ha, I just had a similar issue today.

Just finished overclocking my Q6600 and then I went to overclock my GTX 480. I left the GTX 480 to run on burn-in test to see load temps after 30 minutes. PC just suddenly shut off after 20 minutes @ 75 C on GPU. Then when I try to power it up, nothing happens.

What I did:

1) Check power supply cable and surge protector (working order)

2) Reset CMOS (didn't work)

3) Removed PSU 24 pin cable and all PSU cables but the one running to fans and pump (booted up PSU just fine)

4) Then did the same test for the two Video Card cables (problem was with the 8-pin)

5) Swapped 8-pin cables and tried different modular slot (no luck)

Case solved 8-pin on video card was dead, because when I reconnect all cables and remove the 8-pin to the video card the system boots up like normal.