Best card for 1680 x 1050

There ya go ^

i just picked up two evga 560 ti's for $179.99 each

at evga.com b stock and yes i know 90 day warranty sucks

but saving $100 plus makes it worth it to me

its the reference cooler isnt it? i really want something that'll stay really cool

its the reference cooler isnt it? i really want something that'll stay really cool

The reference cooler for the 560 Ti is just fine. Armitris (a fellow member) just got a pair of those in sli and in an 85'f house it keeps it under 80c in OCCT gpu test load. The 560 and 570's ,if you do not mind spent air going back into the case, operate very well and overclock with there reference coolers. Also, Bishop 245 (fellow mod here) has a pair of evga 570's that get very good temps in an outdoor 85+ environment. cannot verify the temps but in an 80' f room during the opening tests they didn't get much over 85 so they are well cooled. Whats going to matter the most is how you manage the temps in your room versus the temperature and quality of you case. Airflow is a must not only inward but outward also so keep in mind that if you run into temperature issues on both cards then you have a hot case issue rather then a reference card cooler issues.

My 2 cents,

Boinker.

reference coolers r pretty good man.. quite, cool.. cant go wrong.. after market cards can be cooler and quieter but generally blow heat around ur case instead of out of ur case which for me is a big negative... no point having a gpu run cooler when the heat gets stuck in the case... means everything else runs hotter, ram, cpu, hdds... list goes on.. stick to reference coolers as they blow the heat out the back of the case.. so ur case gets cool air in, and hot air out without having it spread around the case. i run my cards clock fairly high and in sli, and the top card gets to about 78degs in games... and thats over clocked a fair bit (772mhz to anywhere between 900-950) and over volted on a card that generally is a hot card.

Thanks! I forgot that lovely corral of deals!

The reference cooler for the 560 Ti is just fine. Armitris (a fellow member) just got a pair of those in sli and in an 85'f house it keeps it under 80c in OCCT gpu test load. The 560 and 570's ,if you do not mind spent air going back into the case, operate very well and overclock with there reference coolers. Also, Bishop 245 (fellow mod here) has a pair of evga 570's that get very good temps in an outdoor 85+ environment. cannot verify the temps but in an 80' f room during the opening tests they didn't get much over 85 so they are well cooled. Whats going to matter the most is how you manage the temps in your room versus the temperature and quality of you case. Airflow is a must not only inward but outward also so keep in mind that if you run into temperature issues on both cards then you have a hot case issue rather then a reference card cooler issues.

My 2 cents,

Boinker.

:withstupid: Took the keys right out from under my fingers, reference designs are fine!

well since reference coolers are fine then i guess ill get a reference card. i was just afraid of getting a reference card after seeing the heat the 480's made back then but if i get ref i like the way this one looks and it costs the same as the rest but i dont know about this brand http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187136 is sparkle a good brand?

My 2 cents,

Boinker.

I have never understood how you Americans can work out the Fahrenheit to Celsius conversions!

How can you give room temp in Fahrenheit, yet give card temps in Celsius?? Surely one or the other?

Just use the difference:

5:9 (Celcius:Fahrenheit) but Fahrenheit start temp is 32 degree so you'll have to figure out how to insert those number :P