The Google+ Project: Discussion

Guest_Jim_*

I'm enjoying + so far, I just wish Google didn't brand all their stuff with so much white...it gets tiring on the eyes after a while. Feel free to add me though :)

https://plus.google.com/110192014619856209433

EDIT: I had a friend who got in through the loophole. I guess it was an issue in the hangouts that if you invited someone who was not a + user to a hangout they automatically became a + user lol

Edited by imm0rt41

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm enjoying + so far, I just wish Google didn't brand all their stuff with so much white...it gets tiring on the eyes after a while. Feel free to add me though :)

https://plus.google.com/110192014619856209433

EDIT: I had a friend who got in through the loophole. I guess it was an issue in the hangouts that if you invited someone who was not a + user to a hangout they automatically became a + user lol

Sounds like you need Stylish. :D

I don't know if there are any styles for Google+ yet though.

Can you keep people from following you? It seems that if I add someone to a circle I automatically see everything they do. It seems like a mashup of twitter and facebook in that aspect.

The UI is always odd with Google, Chrome was really odd when it first came out as well. Couldn't be anymore odd than Facebook though, I think Facebook intentionally makes it hard to navigate their site.

Don't notice it myself :P Just got in thanks to an invite from Psywar. Only thing I can comment on right now are the Circles. The interface for working with them isn't too bad, though I would like to see a less graphic interface too (not graphic violence, I just mean I don't need the HTML5 or Flash animation stuff). Something simple like a list of friends that can then be tagged with what circle you want them in. You do have that from a single person's profile, but when managing multiple friends, you've got to drag and drop with the circles. You are able to have one person in multiple Circles, which makes sense to me, I just hadn't seen anything confirming that (it's been awhile since I tried, but doesn't Steam limit your games to being in one category? That's what I was concerned could be the case, but it's not). So I have an OCC and OCC Staff Circle.

What is not there and I would like to see is a nickname system. I don't know most of your real names, and most of you won't know my last name (unless you check the Contact Staff page) so a way to give you all your usernames would be very useful. Maybe there's a way to submit suggestions to Google.

Just noticed that the new toolbar Google has added to things says, "+James" instead of "+You", as it did before I signing in.

Will post more as I explore it and the Android app.

Can you keep people from following you? It seems that if I add someone to a circle I automatically see everything they do. It seems like a mashup of twitter and facebook in that aspect.

I find the best way to keep people from following you is with a restraining order. :D

Doesn't seem like it...which kinda sucks.

I find the best way to keep people from following you is with a restraining order. :D

lmao!

Doesn't seem like it...which kinda sucks.

Yeah, I don't think so either.. I had people add me the other day out of the blue. I looked to see if it was one of you OCC guy's and it was not.. No idea how these two people decided to find me and add me.

It is definitely like Twitter in that aspect as well.

The part I don't much care for is at least with Twitter people can "follow me" but I don't have to see their posts. Where with this I do see posts these people make.

What they post seems to go in the "Incoming" link under your Stream.

Reminds me of Beta Facebook.