Sign in to follow this  
DevilMB3017

Project Old School (POS)

I have a NES emulator. I want to mod my joystick or a gamepad or something so that I could rewire it so that my input was the old NES controller... :P

I was wondering how I could do this, or even if I could find a layout of a joystick (a cheap one) online and the NES controller so that I could rewire it properly. Any ideas?

well this sounds very familiar to what Im currently doing...

I'm trying to hook up my PowerGlove to my comp...

I know all the inputs for the glove, which should be the same as

the NES controller, problem is you need to d/l a driver for the

glove, and I'd think the same for the controller...

I've found many resources, but very little drivers,

and havnt found one that works on newer systems like Win2k..

but ya if you wanna collaborate on this stuff I'd be more than happy to

try and help you out....

I have a way around the drivers in my situation. I just take any old USB joystick (bulit in drivers) and attach the NES controller some how to it, that way it uses the controller for the buttons, not the joystick. And for the D-PAD, i gotta figure something out. I was just trying to get around drivers, and you might want to try the same thing, it just needs a little rewiring.

hmmm... seems a little complicated... I dono I'm kinda far into

what I did, I took the pins and connected them to a double sided

female connector (pins stick out) for a DB25 port (printer/parralell port) and connected that to a printer cable which connects to the db25 on my comp... I've found some places that tell me how 2 write the drivers but it's hard hard... for the power pin on the glove I connected it into a hard drive power connector on my other comp on the red pin, which I was told is 5v which I needed... works apparently, I guess the monitor gives off interference for the glove though since it sends of sounds to a reciever...

but I'd imagine if you did the same thing I did and connected the pins to the DB25 port you either easilly write some drivers on linux or d/l some... less buttons to worry about....

That is true, however I want to go for easy of use. I just connect the D-Pad wiring into the joystick/game pads X/Y senors, and then plug the A button in button 1, and B into 2, Start into 3 and Pause into 4, and then tell my emulator to read off that.

How does that sound?