Who is your cellphone provider?

neddamttocs

50 members have voted

1. 1. What US Provider do you have your cellphone with?

• Verizon
    • Sprint
    • AT&T
    • T-Mobile
    • Nextel
    • Boost Mobile
    • Cricket
    • Metro PCS
    • I Have a Canadian phone
    • I have a NZ phone
    • I have a UK Phone
  2. 2. What Canadian Provider do you have your cellphone with?

• Rogers
    • Telus
    • Bell
    • Virgin
    • Koodo
    • Fido
    • WIND
    • Chatr
    • I have a US phone
    • I have a NZ Phone
    • I have a UK Phone
  3. 3. What New Zealand Provider do you have your cellphone with?

• Telcom
    • Vodafone
    • 2 Degrees
    • I have a US phone
    • I have a Candaian Phone
    • I have a UK Phone
  4. 4. What UK Provider do you have your cellphone with?

• T-Mobile
    • Vodafone
    • Orange
    • O2
    • 3-Mobile
    • Virgin
    • Tesco
    • Asda
    • I have a US phone
    • I have a Candaian Phone
    • I have a NZ Phone

I am an independent business rep for Sprint, so I take full advantage of my $35 unlimited everything employee plan :evilgrin: But, both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA, and we have had a roaming agreement in place for a few years now. The way it is supposed to work is where Sprint works Verizon will work as well and vice versa! But, at $69.99 Unlimited everything (including data) our prices are hard to touch. Anyone looking to switch to Sprint should PM me ;) <- sad plug :rofl:

Can i get you to upgrade my phone without adding 2 more years to my contract! Lol, I kinda want that HTC Evo 3D.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an independent business rep for Sprint, so I take full advantage of my $35 unlimited everything employee plan :evilgrin: But, both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA, and we have had a roaming agreement in place for a few years now. The way it is supposed to work is where Sprint works Verizon will work as well and vice versa! But, at $69.99 Unlimited everything (including data) our prices are hard to touch. Anyone looking to switch to Sprint should PM me ;) <- sad plug :rofl:

You wouldnt't have any employee codes left would you??

Can i get you to upgrade my phone without adding 2 more years to my contract! Lol, I kinda want that HTC Evo 3D.

Sorry Merc, upgrades and 2 more years go hand-in-hand. But, the Evo 3D looks BA, I am getting one for sure :evilgrin: 1.2GHz dual core processor and 1GB of RAM, very excited to see how snappy the phone is!

You wouldnt't have any employee codes left would you??

They have cracked down hard on the employee codes, and now do audits multiple times a year :erm:

Sorry Merc, upgrades and 2 more years go hand-in-hand. But, the Evo 3D looks BA, I am getting one for sure :evilgrin: 1.2GHz dual core processor and 1GB of RAM, very excited to see how snappy the phone is!

They have cracked down hard on the employee codes, and now do audits multiple times a year :erm:

My friend works at sprint and says you can give 5 different numbers worth out, they don't do that anymore??

I'm happy with my Epic, but the whole $10 extra for 4G I don't get anywhere is utter BS. They'll be hearing from me soon... I didn't get it anytime during my vacation up in the New England area of the states and Sprint says it's available in my city (we're very close to Philadelphia, just across the river) but it barely works and drops often. Doesn't seem to work anymore though, and even when I'm in Philly it works spotty if at all. The 3G speeds aren't any better (other than the phone's CPU being able to process multiple tabs faster) so there's no reason for the $10 extra a month if they won't give me anything extra.

I've been a loyal customer for 4 years. A different friend is a complainer and he got like 15% or maybe 20% off his account (I don't even need that much, I just don't want to pay the extra $10) by just complaining about nothing when he semi-recently switched from Verizon (before he signed anything over) maybe I need to be more like him. The occasionally "here's $5 off one bill cycle teehee" is not what I'd call a fitting reward for the repeat business I have given Sprint.

Yea, the $10 is BS, especially for us (me as well) who don't live in a 4G area (I did get 4G in Boston when I visited my bro...1 word - FAST :evilgrin:) , but if it makes you feel better, even as an employee, I still have to pay it :angry: But, even with the extra $10 it's still cheaper than Verizon or AT&T data plans. I'm not sure about the 5 dif numbers, I know on my account I am only allowed 1 cell line and 1 aircard, but I do know that they monitor it closer than they used to!

I am just like your friend (a complainer) I actually have a quarterly call to Comcast that almost always reduces my bill, or gives me another free 3-6 months of HBO, or something beneficial! If you are using this tactic, the best thing to do is ask for the "retentions dept." those are the people who have the power to really look into your account and get something done! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it is always worth a try IMHO :)

Complaining to DirecTV is how I got $100 knocked off the price of the HD DVR we got in December. :lol: It does come in handy every so often.

I'll probably be switching to Sprint before long. My contract with Verizon ends March '12, so I may just stick it out a bit longer with them. Of course, it all depends on where I'm living after I graduate to see who has the best coverage. I don't think Sprint has any 4G in the Phoenix area, though I could be wrong. I believe it does in Vegas, so there is that. :P

Thanks for the tip, I mean I'm not even asking for anything I'm not entitled too but Sprint has offered me nothing beneficial from the $10 extra. They did upgrade me from 450 to 750 landline minutes....but with mobile to mobile free, and nights starting at 7 on Sprint I don't need more than 450 and would gladly give the other 300 back just to have my bill be $77 total a month! :rolleyes:

What do you do at Sprint, do you work for corporate or just one of the store sales associates??