Andrewr05

[POLL] Voltron vs. Transformers

Voltron vs. Transformers  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Voltron
    • Transformers
    • I don't even what is this. AKA: I just want to be part of this poll, so give me a choice damn it!

What live action movies? Transformers ended in 1988... There is nothing else...I think you made that up, just like these sequels to The Matrix I've heard about...

:wacko:

What's this I hear about prequels to Star Wars too?

What live action movies? Transformers ended in 1988... There is nothing else...I think you made that up, just like these sequels to The Matrix I've heard about...

Not quite true - the new Transformers Prime TV show on the Hub network is awesome and embodies what it is all about. Shame they are only showing so few transformers though.

Transfomers 3: Dark of the Moon was crap

It was like watching X-Men: Last Stand all over again

On the note of TV Show Reboots, Voltron has been rebooted on Nicktoons. I don't think it is anything Voltron fans would get excited about but it is worth mentioning in case people don't know about it.

On the note of TV Show Reboots, Voltron has been rebooted on Nicktoons. I don't think it is anything Voltron fans would get excited about but it is worth mentioning in case people don't know about it.

Ugh...

The into to that show is some stupid hip-hop like thing.

Cartoon Network has a reboot of Thundercats, premiering July 29th. I loved that show when I was younger too. Looking at the previews, for once the animation of a reboot actually looks good. Lion-O is voiced by the guy who did the new Batman from Batman Beyond.

As i kid, i LOOOOOOOVVVEEEDDD both Voltron and Transformers, but as an adult Voltron is pretty dumb, and Transformers are still awesome lol. Gonna go see the premier of Transformers 3 tonight!

:withstupid: You do have to be semi old school to remember Voltron, and I too watched it all the time and loved it....but now it def doesn't belong in the same class as Transformers, or even close really IMHO

Voltron was cool, but Transformers had a much more captivating story and likable characters.

:withstupid: My sentiments exactly, I watched both as a child and they both rocked but I liked Transformers a LITTLE bit more.

VR Troopers was my jawwwwn too

I seek out as much mecha anime that I can though, Gurren Lagaan, Eureka 7, Gundam Wing, Code Geass are great ones to check out just to name a few off the top of my head!

Ugh...

The into to that show is some stupid hip-hop like thing.

:lol: Like I said, I didn't think Voltron fans would be impressed by it. Tho ya never know!

I seek out as much mecha anime that I can though, Gurren Lagaan, Eureka 7, Gundam Wing, Code Geass are great ones to check out just to name a few off the top of my head!

Don't forget the godfather of mecha anime - Robotech

Not as well known but Escaflowne was also pretty good. Surprisingly the second director decided to make it a bit more girl oriented, but don't let that fool you - it starts getting pretty dark toward the end of the show. If you are really into mecha, you should at the very least give these two a try if you haven't before. Especially Robotech. It's super old now and I had to borrow a friend's copy but it aged pretty well. At the very least watch the 1st season - The Macross Saga. Seasons 2 and 3 are completely different - new characters, different storyline, etc.

Good stuff, I will certainly peg them higher up my to-watch list, I had heard of them before.

Edit: Just started Robotech and I believe the main character's voice actor to be the same guy that does Lupin from Lupin the 3rd and despite the show is heavily dated it seems pretty good so far!

Edited by IVIYTH0S