is Netbook worth buying right now?

jk336699

according to cpubenchmark.net the performance of intel atom is comparable to P4

but they are low price, portable, and has long battery life

My laptop battery just died and wondering should i buy a netbook instead of replaceing the battery (since the battery costs like 80 bucks)

I'm gonna use the netbook to do some school work, take some note, do some Java programing, and watch some youtube video...

would a netbook be enough?

also, there is rumor that intel would release some new chips (n2800, D2500, etc), and there is APU on the AMD side

should i wait?

Thanks in advance

Edited by jk336699

I thought of that too..

but the battery itself costs around 80 dollars

and and a hundred more I can have one more machine...

Or maybe someone can find me a great deal on battery?

I would get a new battery as well.

My Mom bought a netbook last year and I really was not impressed at all with it.

I know it is not really made to do a whole lot other than surf the net and maybe watch videos on. It seemed really sluggish..

It honestly felt like they should have created a Netbook OS to make the thing run "better".

I would get a new battery as well.

My Mom bought a netbook last year and I really was not impressed at all with it.

I know it is not really made to do a whole lot other than surf the net and maybe watch videos on. It seemed really sluggish..

It honestly felt like they should have created a Netbook OS to make the thing run "better".

You mean like Chrome OS? I have a CR-48 and of course it's great at all the things it does do. It boots in about 10 seconds, shuts down in about 5, so no complaints there. However I got my CR-48 for free from the test program. I certainly wouldn't pay the $400 that Chrome netbooks are going for.

The way tablets are going, I wouldn't be surprised if laptops/netbooks disappear in a few years.

+1 Tablets are doing so much better than netbooks right now it's not even funny. Netbooks are an afterthought of laptops working off of sloppy seconds for hardware. Tablets (although I do not really see the need) fill in the "large screen portable" area very well. And like Psywar said, it's really about the OS on it, and Windows was just not meant for tablets no matter how much it tries.

+1 Tablets are doing so much better than netbooks right now it's not even funny. Netbooks are an afterthought of laptops working off of sloppy seconds for hardware. Tablets (although I do not really see the need) fill in the "large screen portable" area very well. And like Psywar said, it's really about the OS on it, and Windows was just not meant for tablets no matter how much it tries.

Fvck that.

Tablets are a complete pain in the butt to use when compared to netbooks. I wouldn't trade my EeePC for any tablet.

Edited by Waco

Fvck that.

Tablets are a complete pain in the butt to use when compared to netbooks. I wouldn't trade my EeePC for any tablet.

Agreed. The opening poster said he wanted something for school work, taking notes, and java programming. That all sounds like a pain in the butt on a tablet. Tablets have their purposes and so do netbooks. I don't see netbooks or laptops becoming obsolete any time soon.

Agreed. The opening poster said he wanted something for school work, taking notes, and java programming.

None of those things are easy to do on a tablet and are a breeze on any netbook.