Sign in to follow this  
Nyt

Official Crysis 2 DX11 incoming Monday 27 June

BFBC2 used to do that to me until I upgraded to 8GB of RAM, one of the best upgrades I ever made. :D

im broke as a joke atm so im just gonna cry for a while :(

yea the whole mess is fixed in a patch ?...is that hoakie or what ? ...when they get their shot tigether i'll think about buying it....

:withstupid: this patch is the only way they'll see a dollar from me

You think they fixed that prompt where it tells you to press the B button on the 360 controller yet? High res and DX11 on my console port, alright! :happy:

Rather odd performance for me with this installed.

When I first installed it, and just to try it out I set everything to ultra with DX11 on. Loaded into the game, and after about 5 minutes of loading (literally!) the game finally loaded up. IT played ok, but was abit choppy.

Then I noticed that only 1 of my 2 cards was being loaded. I downloaded the latest cross fire profiles and this then loaded both cards, but I get stuttering.

So the game plays smoothly for about 1 minute, then grinds to a slide show, and then back up to super smooth.

Monitoring CPU/Network/Disk/Memory & GPU activity, and none of them are at 100%... CPU sits around 60-70%, Disk is at 100% while it loads, and then just at like 5-20% and memory is also only sitting at 75-80%. GPU's are both loaded at 70-80%.

Tried turing the detail down to Extreme and then High, and the problem remains...

Not too bothered tho... completed the game already, and the multiplayer never grabbed me.

:withstupid: this patch is the only way they'll see a dollar from me

when crysis first came out several years ago, it had to be patched up a few times too, but it was truly the supreme shizzle. i was amazed by it and took to it right away. it literally made myself and a lot of gamers take their thinking up, it maxed out just about every state of the art pc, and pushed the envelope of gaming software across the board. now it seems that that "state of the art mentality" has been shrunk somewhat, so that more of the "middle of the road" pc gamers can play, and even the console crowd can get into the act. the bleeding edge seems to have been sacrificed this time around, so that more folks can try it. i really looked forward to this iteration of crysis 2, and wanted to play it, because i had held onto the expectation that this was going to be masterfully thought out and powerfully executed like the original crysis had been, ...so then i heard that it was developed with an older dx version and fewer details, without the bleeding edge challenges that had been driven me to build more powerful gamer machines and increase my hardware capabilities..

...so now i guess they're gonna patch up some basically flawed gaming and make it better, they're trying to bring it up to speed. i hope this works and the patches make this game strong again, like it used to be. and maybe when they have this working back like the original did i'll consider getting into it again...

hmmm

What CJ said....this is a massive patch updating an already wonky game to a different API. The patch is going to need some patching.

The patch broke Crossfire profiles , it needs new ones from AMD .

I'll try it tomorrow and see how my 580's handle it .

So like the reason why it has the xbox buttons and all is because the XBOX version was finalised first? Considering that the Cryengine can develop all three platforms at once? And they got lazy to change it? Plus they might not of removed it cause its easier to see and people still use controllers?

Didn't Dragon Age 2 do this too? They could of delayed the PC launch for 3 months then to make all them think it was going to be special...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

So like the reason why it has the xbox buttons and all is because the XBOX version was finalised first? Considering that the Cryengine can develop all three platforms at once? And they got lazy to change it? Plus they might not of removed it cause its easier to see and people still use controllers?

Didn't Dragon Age 2 do this too? They could of delayed the PC launch for 3 months then to make all them think it was going to be special...

I remember hearing about some radical development technology they were all using in order to prevent the games from showing traits of one another. In the end we got a game that ended up feeling like a port from the 360. I doubt they saw that and said "you know, that's pretty noticeable, and nobody on the PC would use a keyboard and mouse anymore, let's keep it!" I reckon they simply missed it, it's an easy mistake but to some people it's pretty annoying is all. Obviously it doesn't make the game terrible, heck I probably enjoyed the game more than most others here just because I have the luxury of not caring about the graphics really.

Honestly I think EA tells their developers to do it on purpose, it really is mostly EA games that you see this kind of thing in, Crysis 2, Alice Madness Returns, and I haven't seen it for myself but I'm guessing Dragon Age 2 as well.

i dont really see a difference with the Ultra setting...orz

With ur 5670?

@Deathmineral,,, erm what? I my tume playing the game I never saw an xbox button thing... even though it looks nicer... when I said dragon age 2 i meant they released DX 11 and High Res pack separatly like Crysis 2... SANDBOX 3 is out! :)

Edited by Dan The Gamer