Official Crysis 2 DX11 incoming Monday 27 June

Nyt

If my PC was up and running I'd totally be breaking my 5870's back trying it out... gotta wait on my new HDD to get here on Thursday... grumble.

Let us know how it looks... I'm skeptical but hopeful all at once.

They're just now getting higher res textures into the game? It really shouldn't have taken this long just to do that much, then again it shouldn't have shipped with textures that didn't even live up to the first game either, but what can you do when consoles rule the market? :dunno:

yea the whole mess is fixed in a patch ?...is that hoakie or what ? ...when they get their shot tigether i'll think about buying it....

Ouch.. I have i7 950, 1gb 460gtx and 6gb ram not 8 :S

anyway I dont have crysis 2 jajajajajaj but i'd like to give a try with DX11.. I tought crysis was the best of the best in graphics and with DX10. I can't imagine now with DX11

if you can post ss i would be greatly appreciated

Edited by loco_frags

Awful lofty system requirements for the High-Res texture pack & DX11....not sure if my 5850 and 4GB of ram (2 of my sticks recently died) are up to the task, guess I will just have to turn on DX11 first, see how that does and make a judgement call :unsure:

DX11 Package Specs

Minimum:

o DX11 compatible graphic card with 768MB Video Memory

High-Res:

Minimum:

o 64-bit Operating System

o DX9 compatible graphic card with 768MB Memory

Recommended:

o Fast HDD or even SSD

o Quad Core CPU

o 8GB of RAM

o DX9 compatible graphic card with 1GB Video Memory

Having both installed and active:

Recommended:

o Fast HDD or even SSD

o Quad Core CPU

o 8GB of RAM

o DX11 compatible graphic card with 1.5GB Video Memory

and all this time they were telling us that Cryengine 3 would be better optimized and make better use of the hardware. Looks like beef a couple things up to match the original games graphics, requirements also shoot through the roof as they were with the first game, difference being that the demands here are much higher than the first game even. It better be darn impressive if they can list stuff like a SSD.

if i install the Ultra one, i dont need the high res texture. Right?

You don't "need" it. You can play with out it, I didn't notice much of a difference between the high-res textures and the regular textures.

holy crap batman!

this game is unplayable for me now. the texture pack puts my computer resources like at 3.85 out of 4 gigs, constant lock ups for like 10 seconds at a time.

also looks like the new patch isnt getting along with my catalyst settings

sigh i guess i wont be replaying this

Edited by Shadowtroop

holy crap batman!

this game is unplayable for me now. the texture pack puts my computer resources like at 3.85 out of 4 gigs, constant lock ups for like 10 seconds at a time.

also looks like the new patch isnt getting along with my catalyst settings

sigh i guess i wont be replaying this

BFBC2 used to do that to me until I upgraded to 8GB of RAM, one of the best upgrades I ever made. :D