[WTB] IDE HDD lol

imm0rt41

Like the title says, I need an IDE HDD for my mom's machine. Her old drive is dying along with her mobo (p4 skt 478 lol) so I need to build her a temp rig out of my old Atlhon rig to get her by until I can finish her new machine. Anyone got one lying around they could send my way?

EDIT: size doesn't matter (that's what she said) but >80GB is preferred.

Also need a couple 5.25" drive bay covers for a Chieftec Dragon (would be ideal if they were the stock blue color) :D

Edited by imm0rt41

That would be great! I just need any old drive really. Would prefer to pay as little as possible since it is really only a temp solution. My last IDE drive failed a while ago so I don't have any good spares lying around.

Was planning on using the platters as coasters LOL

Check the spec on your motherboard some of the older ones will not support a larger drive

It's an ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE mobo that I will be using. I have never had any issues with the board, even after my machine got hit by lightning lol. I'm hoping it won't have any issues, but it's just a temp build for now, so if all the space isn't recognized it's all good in the hood haha

The Smith, sorry mate, I'm in the southwestern US (AZ to be exact) so might be a bit impractical. I absolutely love Eastern Canada though...grew up on Lake Erie and spent a lot of time over there :)

It's an ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE mobo that I will be using. I have never had any issues with the board, even after my machine got hit by lightning lol. I'm hoping it won't have any issues, but it's just a temp build for now, so if all the space isn't recognized it's all good in the hood haha

The Smith, sorry mate, I'm in the southwestern US (AZ to be exact) so might be a bit impractical. I absolutely love Eastern Canada though...grew up on Lake Erie and spent a lot of time over there :)

Where in AZ? I'm in Mesa :D

Noice :D

Yeah, I like it down here. Not so much to do compared to Phx, but then again I never go out much anyway haha. If you Dad wanted to sell that rive we could even meet in the middle if you want to take a drive :P

Yeah, I like it down here. Not so much to do compared to Phx, but then again I never go out much anyway haha. If you Dad wanted to sell that rive we could even meet in the middle if you want to take a drive :P

Casa Grande is a nice halfway point. Not a ton in that town, but it is a good halfway point. I'm from about 2 hours east of Tucson in Deming, NM. :P Been to Tucson and Phoenix plenty, even looking for a job and/or graduate school in either city.

As for an IDE drive, I have a 120GB unit in a box in my room. I can plug it in to make sure it works and also wipe it. Hasn't been used in about 4 years though, so I'll need to power it up first. That is, if Bubba can't convince his dad to part with his 640GB.