Woi!

bicks868

Hey everyone, I've been browsing this site for the past few months and have just created this account because I believe this is a great place for me to begin my journey into the forest of PC knowledge/Overclocking.

Now that the "why?" has been answered, here's the "who?"

I'm 23 year old male and friends call me Bicks, it's a far off name from my actual name, but after much twisting and turning (not to mention drinking! :cheers: ), I have grown fond of Bicks as my nick. Speaking of nick, I guess I half explained my username here with that last sentence, now for the other. "868" is the area code of my country (yep, it's that small :haha: ) Trinidad and Tobago is its name and it is located at the very bottom of the chain of islands known as the Caribbean.

"when?" is simply answered by November 2010 as it was then that I came across this site as I searched for reviews of components that I hoped would become my first self-built rig (that's "how?" btw :P )

With regards to "what?" ummm... I can't really answer that unless I add on "..do you plan to do now that you joined this community?". Well, I hope to emerge from under the rock of pre-built systems and eventually reach the penthouse of computer enlightenment. (ok... i suck at metaphors, I'm better known for my sarcasm anyway :D ) Basically, I hope to learn and put to use the knowledge contained on this site as well as that of its members to build my first gaming rig and overclock it as well. I also plan to stick around as computers on the whole fascinate me and I do believe that it is a worthwhile thing to learn about.

I hope this is the beginning of something great..Cheers! :thumbsup:

p.s. "woi" is the equivalent of "Hi" in my country

llamas? o_0

Its an old reference. I think there is a full thread explaining it somewhere, but basically its a metaphor for not messing with things you dont understand yet. Bad things can happen if you do.