Sign in to follow this  
rocketeer55

MSI Notebook

Hey guys. I found this great deal when I was looking around at laptops. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152264 It seems pretty legit, is there something that I am missing? Can the GT540M game well on its 1336 x 768 screen? I think it is fairly new, that's why there are no reviews yet (or a few by the time you might read this). Maybe my mom will get this for me (that is if she is in a good mood and can't think straight :P) for a graduation present.

Or are there better laptops in this price range (or cheaper tongue.gif)? I am mainly looking at 15-16" screens, so I can move it about when I need to.

Thanks!

What are you planning on doing with it? It's a fairly bog-standard laptop at a decent price.

I was looking at some of the msi laptops at office depot a few weeks ago and the guy who worked there said they get alot of returns on the msi laptops because things are not plugged in to the mobo and other things like that you would think MSI would have better quality control than that but alas it isnt

Probably for my homework and occasional gaming (Minecraft). I will use my main rig for the real gaming.

I never would have though that MSI would have low quality stuff, does MSI have good technical support in case something does go wrong?

It looks like a decent laptop, but I would try and stay away from any laptops with the Nvidia cards at the moment. They all come with a thing called Optimus that does more harm than good. Half the time it won't switch from the IGP to the GPU when you need it. And there is no way to force change it, and no way to turn off Optimus.

It looks like a decent laptop, but I would try and stay away from any laptops with the Nvidia cards at the moment. They all come with a thing called Optimus that does more harm than good. Half the time it won't switch from the IGP to the GPU when you need it. And there is no way to force change it, and no way to turn off Optimus.

Interesting, good to know. Do you have one yourself or how do you know?

And about the MSI build quality thing, watch this and skip to 15:00

So nvm about this laptop...

Interesting, good to know. Do you have one yourself or how do you know?

And about the MSI build quality thing, watch this and skip to 15:00

So nvm about this laptop...

No, don't have a laptop with it, was just reading lots of reviews. Seems like more people had issues than people that didn't.

The Acer seems to be the best bang for your buck in that gathering but the Lenovo has the best GPU, the toshiba has the worst and is priced higher than the Acer.

This Lenovo has an even better GPU for $50 less: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246003

Edited by IVIYTH0S