RAM: 4 GB 1600Mhz or 6 GB 1333Mhz?

Do not get the 3x2GB kit, as it would not work with your computer! That is a triple channel kit-while your motherboard only supports dual-channel.

Yes, it would work. In fact it might even use dual channel as well and not just single channel.

Specs for mobo:

Memory:

Number of Memory Slots

4×240pin

Memory Standard

DDR3 1800(OC)/1600(OC)/1333/1066/800

Maximum Memory Supported

16GB

Channel Supported

Dual Channel

Okay, so I've learned I can't be using 3x2GB RAM, since the mobo only supports Dual Channel, correct?

Then I have to decide between 4GB 1600Mhz and 8GB 1333Mhz

Thank you all for your help.

If I'm just going to play video games and regular stuff, would I be able to feel the difference between 4GB and 8GB ?

Another question here..

What's the difference between Kingston HyperX and non-HyperX, besides HyperX beeing more expensive?

HyperX might reach higher clock speeds, but thats it...pointless!

go for 8GB of slow cheap ram instead of purchasing "highperforamnce" ram that doesn't do any difference!

You can use any combination of ram in any (modern, i.e post Pentium 2) computer, 3x2GB in a dualchannel motherboard is no problem, neither is 512MB+2GB in a dualchannel board, not even 4x1GB in a tripplechannel board so stop saying things that are not accurate!!!

In my old Pentium 4 i had 1x1GB 2x512MB and 1x256MB for a total of 2.25GB no problem whatsoever!

In a memory benchmark there migh have been a difference sure, but it does work great!

Edited by medbor

Cool that you use edbpriser.dk IVI :) But the link is broken.

Where in Denmark do you live SkytTe? I'm from Denmark myself. I know a few places you can go, if you want to buy from a physical store.

I got 2x4gb of Corsair Vengence and they are doing their job. Feels good to have never reach maximum of used RAM. You might get near max if you only have 4gb.

HyperX might reach higher clock speeds, but thats it...pointless!

go for 8GB of slow cheap ram instead of purchasing "highperforamnce" ram that doesn't do any difference!

You can use any combination of ram in any (modern, i.e post Pentium 2) computer, 3x2GB in a dualchannel motherboard is no problem, neither is 512MB+2GB in a dualchannel board, not even 4x1GB in a tripplechannel board so stop saying things that are not accurate!!!

In my old Pentium 4 i had 1x1GB 2x512MB and 1x256MB for a total of 2.25GB no problem whatsoever!

In a memory benchmark there migh have been a difference sure, but it does work great!

Well, you're the only one who says that it's possible, all the others say the opposite, so I'm really back to square one ..

But thank you for your reply!

Cool that you use edbpriser.dk IVI :) But the link is broken.

Where in Denmark do you live SkytTe? I'm from Denmark myself. I know a few places you can go, if you want to buy from a physical store.

I got 2x4gb of Corsair Vengence and they are doing their job. Feels good to have never reach maximum of used RAM. You might get near max if you only have 4gb.

I live in Copenhagen..

Well, you're the only one who says that it's possible, all the others say the opposite, so I'm really back to square one ..

But thank you for your reply!

It probably is possible i just don't see the point. I would think occupying two slots with 8gb(2x4) would be better than occupying 3 slots 6gb(3x2), 8gb at 1333 will be your best bet. Its cheap so why not. Higher speeds wont get you anywhere noticeable and I don't like stressing the CPU just for the numbers. Fewer occupied RAM slots = better.

8GB of 1333mhz like the ones I linked:

http://www.edbpriser.dk/Product/Details.aspx?pid=4428349

:withstupid:

Edited by Ts631

What you think is possible verses what the motherboard manufacturer's specify is two different things. So I don't recommend telling users to ignore what their motherboard maker recommends. Here the memory installation instruction right out of the OP's owners manual;

5847603160_6edefd7c56_b.jpg

While I don't dispute that you can use different capacity/density RAM "usually" without any problems - it's certainly not the best solution.

What you think is possible verses what the motherboard manufacturer's specify is two different things. So I don't recommend telling users to ignore what their motherboard maker recommends. Here the memory installation instruction right out of the OP's owners manual;

5847603160_6edefd7c56_b.jpg

While I don't dispute that you can use different capacity/density RAM "usually" without any problems - it's certainly not the best solution.

That is not what i said!

A 2x4GB kit is the best route to go, but 3x2GB will work if money is tight.

Also that image only talks about if he wants dual channel (which he obviously wants, but whatever) It does not say what works and what doesn't (works as in boots and is stable). The manufacturers only write like that so that they don't have to test all the endless combiantions of different memory.