Can Folding be a tax write off?

I started folding again and I was wondering if its possible to write off my time, electricity used and any maintenance while folding? Ive done a little research and I cant find solid answer.

Unless you have solid proof (IE: Power readings of JUST your video cards/cpu) it'd be hard to prove to the IRS. Also, is Stanford considered a non-profit organization?

Under the how to donate section it says they are non-profit

How to donate funds directly to Folding@home

Introduction

Some people have asked how they could donate money to help Folding@home. First and foremost, you can help by downloading and running our client software. This software is free, but for each computer participating, we get a commensurate boost in our computational ability. For all those who have run the client, we thank you!

For those of you who would like to donate money, you can make a tax deductible donation to Folding@home (via the research group of Vijay Pande) by donating to Stanford University. Stanford is a 501©(3) non-profit entity and thus a donation of money is tax deductible. Stanford's Federal Tax ID number is 94-1156365. Many companies help individuals donate to Stanford by providing matching funds. You can check to see if your company matches funds by clicking here.

I just talked with my CPA friend - and

If you are a home business - forget about it - no deduction

If you have an office that you lease then great - go for it

Did you ask if it could be a charitable donation?