aziz37

Are the ECS (Elite Group) graphics cards good?

i once build a entry level AMD PC and got the ECS mobo the CPU and RAM all bundled together and that machine was the worst.replaced the mobo to Gigabyte and problem free and still running great. ECS is the worst i wont recommend it.

Their build quality has changed a lot in the last 2 years. I had problems with their stuff before but the last few builds I have built with ECS boards have had zero issues.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone I was just stating my luck :)

lol i would stay away from gigabyte...its one brand Ive read more terrible then good about....big time failure rate with a lot of there cards especially there overclocked cards

thats news to me.. ive had gigabyte for the last i dunno.. 15years??? never had a problem. ever.. same as most my mates.. lol

I've been reviewing ECS AMD motherboards for a while now and out of 4 boards, I could only recommend the last one. They had issues with overclocking, and one has even burned because of a moderate overclock. This may have been a defectuosity, but the representative did not want to prove the inverse lol.

Granted, they seem to do better on the Intel side... but as for graphics cards I have no idea. Take Gigabyte, it is a sure bet.

lol i would stay away from gigabyte...its one brand Ive read more terrible then good about....big time failure rate with a lot of there cards especially there overclocked cards

I have had some bad luck with their VGA's cards over the last couple of years. I generally don't buy them unless the price is too good to pass up. Motherboards have been pretty good for the most part, the last one that failed on me was a P45 so far so good :)

The only Gigabyte video cards I'd stay away from are the insanely factory overclocked versions. Other than that, their reasonably overclocked or stock clocked video cards have been pretty good to me.

Yeah, umm, can't really recomend the ECS stuff. I've has a couple motherboards from them over the years and they weren't the most reliable things out there.

TOTALLY agree. I used one of their x58 boards for a customer build once. Never again. It functions, technically, but it's so quirky I ended up hating ECS by the time I was done. Last time I checked in with the customer it was still doing one of the quirks: press the power button and everything spins up for 1-2 seconds, turns off for about 5 seconds, then starts up again on its own.

I swapped out every other part while building to eliminate the possibilities... the motherboard is the culprit. Contacted ECS and never heard back from them. Customer said not to worry about it, as long as it comes up... but I'll be damned if I use any of their products again.