Andrewr05

Rate your gaming expertise

RATE YOUR GAMING EXPERTISE  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest, how good are you at gaming?

• I consider myself a professional, I always play on the highest dificulty
    • I consider my self quite good, I often play on hard
    • I'm mediocre, I play on nornal or lower most of the time
    • I suck at games, I play on the lowest difficulty
    • I do not play video games

I always think about this, I absolutely love video games, but am I any good at them?

No seriously, what do I honestly believe my gaming skill level is?

How about you guys, honestly how do you rate your gaming expertise?

I truly believe that I'm just "mediocre" at video games, but I effing love them.

I can't aim worth crap in FPSs, I'm horrible at picking skills and assigning points in RPGs and I'm a horrible strategist when I play RTSs.

But I don't care, I absolutely love gaming, I'll mediocrely play till the day I die! :D

I'm good at slower paced FPS games. Fast paced FPS games I'm just too slow now vs when I used to play them non-stop years ago.

RTS I suck at. Got beaten by a little girl and I've never played MP again.

MOBA however I like, its got a mix of Action RPG and RTS in it.

RPG games I'm good at. Always got complements when I was playing my Holy Paladin on WoW.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I was in 'endgame' WoW guilds from Vanilla thru WoTLK. Did PvP also (Gladiator good, but not pro good)... of course, been playing games since Zelda/Mario on my NES as a 6 year old, but I honestly have always been better at RPG/RTS (original Warcraft games, Diablo, Command & Conquer).

I have been playing more FPS of late (TF2, Crysis, BFBC2) and I guess I'm okay... its kind of like laser tag without the pleasure of getting to hold the gun.

Edited by LuckyDeath

I use to be big-time competitive with the Delta Force FPS series. Was in a clan from the launch of Delta Force: Black Hawk Down to the day all the official servers in it disappeared. Course by then our clan had moved on to Joint Operations, the next game from the DF creators, and we played that until Battlefield 2 came out. We were in that for a while, by then had a sister clan of a bunch of guys who played the Rainbow Six games so we started doing that as well. Eventually we all drifted apart, some joined or rejoined the military, had health issues, graduated school, etc. Very few of us still talk or play games together anymore. I barely see any of them online.

I got kind of burned out on multiplayer FPS games at that point. I'll play them if they have a good single player portion, but I rarely hop online with one. Don't see a point to it anymore. Too many children running around with mouths worse than some of my old clanmates. Those guys were mostly former or current military so for some 12 yr old kid to have a worse mouth, yeah, that's saying something.

I mostly stick to RPGs and RTSs now. I'll still play an FPS game for the single player, but mostly its other genres. I don't play games on much of anything beyond normal difficulty, don't see a point to playing on something where you die constantly. I play games now to have fun, don't need to get pissed off everytime my character dies in the game. Say what you will about it, but I'd rather make it through a game with little to no deaths and enjoy the experience rather than get annoyed for dying in 2 shots when my enemies take 20.

Say what you will about it, but I'd rather make it through a game with little to no deaths and enjoy the experience rather than get annoyed for dying in 2 shots when my enemies take 20.
Exactly which is why I often play through on easy the first time and then bump it up a bit through my next playthrough.

Though sometimes I play on hard and just try to see how far I can make it, admittedly that ends up in me swearing like crazy and things being broken.

haha :lol:

I play racing sims on the hardest difficulties, but most everything else, just normal. I prefer to get a nice story and some good game play

I voted "I consider my self quite good, I often play on hard". Most games I play on hard difficulty, regardless of the genre. I'm not a pro in anything, but I consider myself pretty well-rounded.

When it comes to multiplayer, I'm usually above-average. When it comes to FPSs, I prefer team-based games/modes over deathmatch, and I never play 1v1 because that's not fun for me. In CS 1.x/CS:S and TF2, I'd usually be toward the top 3 or so.

I am not sure I would consider the Campaign or Single Player modes a true judge of a gamer's expertise. They can definitely be challenging when you change the settings to the highest difficulty. I usually do this for every game just because the lower settings are just so boring. Playing the game against AI with just scripted paths and levels just does not pose a challenge. You die, try again, you die, do it again. Anyone and everyone usually figures it out. I cannot comment on RPG, RTS, or MMO games, as I only play FPS. I used to play the Campaigns or SP modes on all the games I bought, but now I go straight to the MultiPlayer mode and get online, and play. I find the most challenging thing about gaming is going against humans online. There are many more variables and tactics to plan against. Skill levels vary from player to player. Deaths directly affect your overall score on most games, and it is extremely hard to finish a map 1st, 2nd and 3rd. To me, finishing in the top 3 is a true gauge for expertise or skill in gaming. It goes even further. You can be really good at BC2 (consistently finish 1-3), but you are always middle to the end of the pack in Crysis 2. I consider a player that always finishes in the top 3 on multiple game titles to be a REALLY GOOD player/gamer. I feel to perform at these levels in MP, it requires way more expertise and skill versus just turning the SP mode to High and trudging through a script.

Thanks for reading my opinion and I appreciate yours!

I voted mediocre, I mostly play games just for fun so I don't torture myself with "insane" or "hell" difficulties. :lol:

I usually like to play most single player games on easy, and even then I usually use cheats. I voted mediocre however because there are times that I do quite well or even exceptionally well in online matches, but of course there are also times I do terribly as well. In the end I figure if I still enjoy playing the game at the end of the day and have a positive score, I'm probably mediocre.

i rather not play on the hardest difficulty until after i beat the game on medium, i rather enjoy myself as far as single-player goes