HDMI to S-Video

Psywar

i think your adapter is component video, component video uses 3 rca style plugs for video and has seperate audio, composite video has 1 plug for video 2 for audio,

220px-Component_video_jack.jpg

the component is on the bottom of this pic, composite is at the top, with the yellow red and white, the audio is shared between the two becuase component doesnt have any audio signal built in

Just about to say that. Component video would be your best bet to use, because it can produce near-HD video. If your TV has one of these (which it probably does), buy a HDMI to component video adapter instead of S-video or RCA. Something like THIS

Edited by rocketeer55

for reference here is a quick list of things that are possible:

HDMI to DVI

DVI to HDMI

Displayport to HDMI

DVI to VGA

VGA to Component

the rest need some sort of converter box, in fact displayport to HDMI/DVI has a mini converter so it shouldn't be on that list.

for your HDMI to RCA, you cant do that without a converter, it's just not possible. Besides the HDCP protection HDMI is a digital single, RCA is analog so you would have to convert it.

Edited by hornybluecow

Thanks for the Info guys! All have been a huge help!

Yeah his Projection TV is HD... Im gonna get behind it and see if I can see any Component Inputs

Well like I said in my above posts: I already have an HDMI to (Composite Cable) and VGA to Composite Cable..

I checked the back of the TV and yes.. it does have Composite connections. Hooked it all up and I got nothing... No picture.. Looks like S-Video is going to be the next step.

Well like I said in my above posts: I already have an HDMI to (Composite Cable) and VGA to Composite Cable..

I checked the back of the TV and yes.. it does have Composite connections. Hooked it all up and I got nothing... No picture.. Looks like S-Video is going to be the next step.

Does it have Component connections? That would be better than S-video.

Yeah the TV has the Component Inputs.

This is what I am looking at:

This is the back of the TV:

251216_1960242499072_1633101886_1992297_4774597_n.jpg

This is my HDMI to Component Connector:

263975_1960246779179_1633101886_1992300_1615531_n.jpg

This is my VGA to Component Connector:

264565_1960246459171_1633101886_1992299_1941036_n.jpg

I tried using both of these yesterday in the Input 4 section. Nothing showed up on the TV. I do know there is some sort of signal going through them because when I hook the VGA to Component Connector to the laptop and then the Component connectors to my RCA ports in the front of the TV I can sort of see my desktop.

The HDMI cable I get nothing in any of the connectors.

Do you think there is a special program or setting I need to get it to work VGA to Component?

• 3 weeks later...

S-Video cable is widespread throughout the world. This type of cable is in household appliances such as televisions, digital television receivers, high-end VCRs, game consoles, DVD players, digital recorders and video cards. This cable was replaced with composite video and digital video standards such as HDMI and DVI. The transformation of this cable to the composite signal is easy, as many electronic retailers provide adapters converter for converting the signal.

s-video cable

I'm in shock that that TV wouldn't have DVI.... is there anything in the top part of the input panel? Not sure if it's cutting anything off there. Heck, grab a picture of the whole back of the TV, :)

Oh, and converting anything to s-video is going to suck badly... it's nearly as bad as composite video :S

Edited by rivalary

It has to be an interlaced signal at 1080 to work with component or progressive at 720, and in the right colour space, afaik - you'll need to set it up for that. Not even sure how that HDMI one is supposed to work considering it's connecting a digital signal to an analogue one.

Try setting the output to 640x480 @ 60Hz to start with - it may be that you can't output 1280x720 and 480 is the most you can manage