Member Display Names and Facebook Connect enabled for OCC

You now have the option to associate your OverclockersClub.com Account with your Facebook Account. To link/unlink your OCC & FB accounts visit the "Manage Facebook Connect" under the Profile section of your control panel.

So, what does this allow you to do? Well for one, once your accounts are linked you can log into OCC by simply being logged into Facebook. Just click the “Log in with Facebook” button when signing in. Of course, if you aren’t signed into Facebook at the time, you will be required to do so.

post-717-0-46975000-1307750996_thumb.png

Additionally, you can update your FB status from within your profile. And you can use Facebook to update your OCC status, “About Me,” and profile / avatar picture.

post-717-0-47382500-1307750919_thumb.png

Additionally, “Member Display Names” have been enabled. While this was partially to accommodate the Facebook Connect and other future services, the display name offers a level of added security. Currently, your user name has also been the name displayed on the forums. Now, these two can be different.

For example you could have a username as “l33tOCCdud3” with a display name of “BryanM”.

Members can update their display name once every 180 days provided that they have a total of 50 posts (in forums where posts counts are incremented). Subscription members do not have the post restriction; however there is still a time limit. The day restriction may be lowered later for subscribers however we want to keep things manageable and avoid any type of name game.

Obviously, you cannot select a display name that is the same as someone else’s display name or their username.

Members that are observed abusing the display name setting will be dealt with as determined necessary.

Don't forget to visit (and Like!) us on Facebook. :):wub:facebook.com/OverclockersClub

Additionally, “Member Display Names” have been enabled. While this was partially to accommodate the Facebook Connect and other future services, the display name offers a level of added security. Currently, your user name has also been the name displayed on the forums. Now, these two can be different.

For example you could have a username as “l33tOCCdud3” with a display name of “BryanM”.

Members can update their display name once every 180 days provided that they have a total of 50 posts (in forums where posts counts are incremented). Subscription members do not have the post restriction; however there is still a time limit. The day restriction may be lowered later for subscribers however we want to keep things manageable and avoid any type of name game.

Obviously, you cannot select a display name that is the same as someone else’s display name or their username.

:snap: This is going to confuse me like crazy if everyone changes their display names on me.... :glare:

Still not sure how you got the propeller next to your FB post.... :unsure:

:D That is because the "OCC App" on Fb posted my status... basically, connect OCC & Fb... go into your profile on OCC and update your status with the Fb icon checked.

I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords.

That's good, because I think they're going to rule us whether we want them to or not. :P