New Anti Virus thats good

DanTheGamer11

Which?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Norton - I never used this
    • McAfee - Came on both laptops so...
    • Avast - I used this on my PC but it doesn't seem effective?
    • Others and mention which and why
    • mse
    • kapersky thingy
    • e node 32 thingy
    • avg

Its Free(With a legit copy of windows) and its non-invasive. Meaning it doesnt bog your system down by using 250MB of ram no reason, and it wont second guess EVERY click you make **Cough** **cough** McAfee/Norton.

Not aiming this at just you.

You guys need to get the info out correctly, because man you guys that complain about Norton look like a bunch of noobs :lol:

There is multiple versions of Norton, however the straight up version of Norton was rebuilt for 2010 which carried over into 2011. Its fast very fast it installs in less then 40 seconds, its scan time is very fast and it uses less memory then the free version of AVG. Infact, last time I checked it was giving MSE a run for its money and it does more things.

Now if you want too talk about Internet Security, System works etc etc ya I agree with you they suck horribly. All I am saying is don't put the whole group in together when there is some good in it :)

Not aiming this at just you.

You guys need to get the info out correctly, because man you guys that complain about Norton look like a bunch of noobs :lol:

There is multiple versions of Norton, however the straight up version of Norton was rebuilt for 2010 which carried over into 2011. Its fast very fast it installs in less then 40 seconds, its scan time is very fast and it uses less memory then the free version of AVG. Infact, last time I checked it was giving MSE a run for its money and it does more things.

Now if you want too talk about Internet Security, System works etc etc ya I agree with you they suck horribly. All I am saying is don't put the whole group in together when there is some good in it :)

Fair enough Bosco... And i havent used or even seen Norton in a good 3 years or so... But after having Norton suck for as long as i can remember?? Its easy to see how a change in Norton, even a good one, could go unnoticed with all the pain and suffering its caused me over the years.

Personally I use just straight Norton 2011. I find it catches the most for viruses and spyware.

I find that a lot of other programs don't get some of the main pieces of spyware, it doesn't even detect them half the time or doesn't have the ability too remove it.

In the last 10 years I have got two viruses and they were both my own fault.

Sigh... Avast or MSE or Norton... I find it that you can't really say how many viruses it catches as a lot of them aren't detected? When I did a scan with Spybot I could see some well known ones and it left em there...

The virus detection rates between those softwares vary probably around 0.1% - 0.5% as they are all great.

Just go out and try MSE, see if you like it and if not, go out and buy Avast or Norton, call it a day!

Sigh... Avast or MSE or Norton... I find it that you can't really say how many viruses it catches as a lot of them aren't detected? When I did a scan with Spybot I could see some well known ones and it left em there...

Ya I have found Spybot not too be as good as it once was. Malwarebytes on the other hand I find too be a lot better these days.