DanTheGamer11

New Anti Virus thats good

Which?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Norton - I never used this
    • McAfee - Came on both laptops so...
    • Avast - I used this on my PC but it doesn't seem effective?
    • Others and mention which and why
    • mse
    • kapersky thingy
    • e node 32 thingy
    • avg

For free I perfer Microsoft Security Essentials, commercially I perfer PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AV. The reason I like PC Tools best commercially is that it had the best protection I have seen for the various commercial based malware attacks. It keeps track of sites known to host those commercial attacks and allows you to block the domains.

8thed or is it 9thed MSE. I team it with Super Anti-spyware and MAlwarebytes Anti-malware. + commons sense and a firewall i haven't had anything accept a malicious jscript app.

(i hit download on whatever it was and the download jscript started an infinte loop of multiple simultaneous downloads, when i did a button reboot after my router crashed ff saved the page and it started the loop again...... :wacko: .)

8thed or is it 9thed MSE. I team it with Super Anti-spyware and MAlwarebytes Anti-malware. + commons sense and a firewall i haven't had anything accept a malicious jscript app.

(i hit download on whatever it was and the download jscript started an infinte loop of multiple simultaneous downloads, when i did a button reboot after my router crashed ff saved the page and it started the loop again...... :wacko: .)

LOL, doesn't firefox have "Start New Session" every time it crashes?

MSE. Used McAfee before, horrible. Bogged down my computer, and couldn't protect me. D:

I'm a HUGE fan of ESET NOD32 anti-virus. Has great detection rates and VERY low resource usage.

i'm down with that :withstupid: and also a fan of microsoft internet security essentials... excellent, free, made for windows by the people that made windows ...

Norton, Lots of great reviews and rated the best by lots of reviewers.

WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!!?!?

Have you ever used it (and realized that it toatlly eats your computer up from the inside and is imposible to get rid of?)

Seriously! I can no believe that you say something like this on a great forum like this!

MSE is great, but, I still use Kaspersky on my Primary PC, because there are some nasty USB viruses in my college PC's, and, the Auto Scan and Removal in Kaspersky for removable drives is a life saver. (If someone can tell me how to enable that in MSE, it'll be great)

MSE is great, but, I still use Kaspersky on my Primary PC, because there are some nasty USB viruses in my college PC's, and, the Auto Scan and Removal in Kaspersky for removable drives is a life saver. (If someone can tell me how to enable that in MSE, it'll be great)

mse%252520remov%252520drive.PNG

There you goo.

Thanks guys... so many different suggestions... it seems mcafee isn't popular... would you recommend the payed avast version?

so how much is mse as this seems to b the most popular...? could i use it at the same time as avast? i heard that you cant cause they conflict?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

There you goo.

Hey, Thanks for the reply. I do have that option activated, but, there's no indication of any detections (or scan progress) on my flash drive, when Kaspersky catches atleast a few. Anyhow, will try it out again and get back to you. (MSE is on my laptop - which is not with me ATM)

Cheers :)

Edited by SSGX3noS