Is pure distilled water ok for wc loop ?

Nyt

Just one word......... Zerex

I've used it in a pinch, others here use it all the time. I can't make any guarantees nor speak for the particular mfg. you're referring to - but to this point it hasn't ever tore up any of my components. Now granted, I only use parts from Swiftech, Dangerden and XSPC.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard of pumps failing, tubes/fitting leaking, maybe even a res leak.....but distilled water and a kill coil failng???? :whoa: I guess that's just some crazy 1 in a million bad luck there :dunno:

Well you may be right. Bad kill coil. It just gets me that it actually started to get algae in the Res within a week. I actually have been told that there is a possibility of the petras tech pentosin that could have had a kind of algee in it that silver cannot touch but that is few far and in between.

All I know is after I saw algae in the system the little kill coil cost me hours cleaning a swiftech WB till it actually did not have algae in it. its enough to make me never do it again.

Well I set the loop up and used some blue coolant from Zalman and its pretty good . Its running 4.33GHz at 1.43v and at full load under prime at 70C :biggrin:

I've run distilled water through my loop with a chunk of silver for the past year -- waco has the same. No problems at all, much cleaner and safer than additives. We have a curious cat and by no means would I want him to find a leaky jug of additive. Just as one more +1 to the distilled water, as it's clearly been answered. lol.

4.33. Nut do you have LLC o. Or off...

Voltage is at 1.43

Loadline Calibration is on

My QPI/VTT voltage is 1.65v

My Ram is over 2000mhz

Ambiant is around 17C

My Temp was 70C prime full load

AND I havent even bought a RX360 rad yet :biggrin: Cant wait for my 5GHz Bulldozer 8 core