YouTube Videos break website

MrAlex

Just a heads up. Running at 1024x768 (I don't think anyone runs at that resolution anymore :P) the embedded videos in news posts break the website.

29m96di.png

Waterfox?

I didn't notice that til you pointed it out. I wonder if its another iteration of IceWeasel? Are you running some flavor of Linux OP?

EDIT: OH! Waterfox is MrAlex's 64-bit firefox project...the wonders of google. Here's the link to the post/description.

Edited by nitem4re

I didn't notice that til you pointed it out. I wonder if its another iteration of IceWeasel? Are you running some flavor of Linux OP?

EDIT: OH! Waterfax is MrAlex's 64-bit firefox project...the wonders of google. Here's the link to the post/description.

Haha k thanks!

Everything should fit in the website, but the videos 'stretch' the website so I have to scroll left and right :P it doesn't really bother me, just thought I might let you know.

2hxm3nt.png

You are correct, 1024x768 is a very low and fairly "outdated" res. Most people run 1280x720, 1280x1024 or higher these days. Time for a bigger/better monitor. Nothing "broken" there. lol :P

Edited by sYstEmATiC

Everything should fit in the website, but the videos 'stretch' the website so I have to scroll left and right :P it doesn't really bother me, just thought I might let you know.

First, you have a lot of empty space due to the left-nav bar, so you can scroll over and probably fully fit the video within your window.

But if you cannot, then your other option is to simply click the YouTube link and select your own dimensions there. Not that hard.

PS. Don't say something is broken just because you're too lazy to scroll. Not fitting on your screen does not equal broken.

You are correct, 1024x768 is a very low and fairly "outdated" res. Most people run 1280x720, 1280x1024 or higher these days. Time for a bigger/better monitor. Nothing "broken" there. lol :P

Exactly. Check out the most recent Steam Hardware Surveyto see resolution results. No, not everyone uses Steam, nor participates in the survey, but a PC gamer base is a good indication of people that would visit a computer enthusiast site like OCC.

But he is right. Its not a fixed width layout, so the videos should scale too.

YouTube embeds are fixed size, always has been and I doubt it'll ever change. This isn't a constraint implemented by OCC, but by YouTube. Now yes, we can choose smaller width videos, but nowadays so much stuff is in HD, why hamper a small percentage of users by choosing smaller videos?