Best 2.1 Speaker for Gaming and Music

Liclac

I am planning to replace my 10 years old Altec Lansing AVS300 speaker.. The speaker's bass is starting to make me dizzy...

Usage is for gaming (surround), and music.. I want powerful Bass, but nice and clean treble, I don't want the bass dominating the treble.... My favorite music genre is J-Core (REDALiCE), instrumental, techno, soundtrack, and some slow music (the delgados, bon jovi, etc), but most of them the are instrumental..

Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy

How about Edifier C1, is that a good speaker? I know nothing about speaker and audio hardware... :P

If you have any suggestion..... :D

regards..

Oh, and it is for my laptop...

Edited by Liclac

• 1 month later...

I own the Logitech Z-2300 and let me tell you, the thunderous bass these bad boys produce is pretty incredible. The high-end is very crisp and clear as well. Although they are slightly lacking in the mid-range, a decent sound card like your Soundblaster can be used to adjust the output to your liking.

If you want to go a little less expensive, the Logitech Z623 should also make for a good 2.1 system.

I third the Logitechs, I haven't seen one bad speaker system from them. They always are surprisingly good and amazingly priced!!

Their wireless headphones, however, are awful!

KLIPSCH PROMEDIA 2.1

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUES!!!!!

Seriously I have had an opportunity to use a lot of different speakers and these are flat out the best I have ever used!

I hate the name Klipsch, saying it annoys me lol

So you hate an industry leader? Can't say I'm surprised. :rolleyes:

I echo Ed's sentiments about the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s. I've had mine for six years, never given me an ounce of trouble. Great response across the highs, mids, and lows, subwoofer hits hard enough, no real need to get any other set imo.

However, since you're mostly going to be using them for a laptop, the main question I have is this. Do you keep your laptop on a desk for extended periods of time, as a desktop replacement, or do you take it with you fairly often? If its the latter, I'd recommend a small, portable set of speakers that can easily fit in a bag and don't require an external power source.

Another vote for the pro media 2.1's mine got stolen but sounded as good as or maybe better than my logitech 5.1 thx setup I run for my desktop If they hadn't gotten stolen I was planing on putting the logitech in the bed room for tv surround sound and move my promedias to the main desk

They could be called crap cans with wires for all I care if they sound good. Dude the name means nothing the sound is everything and NOTHING is in the same class.

They could be called crap cans with wires for all I care if they sound good. Dude the name means nothing the sound is everything and NOTHING is in the same class.

Agreed. I've had the pleasure of listening to the Heresy II speakers and the RF-62 II set in my mom's cousin's house a few times. The Heresy IIs make it sound like you're in a concert hall and there are only two speakers hooked up to the audio system. The RF-62 IIs are the cousin's home theatre system, and man, I didn't want to leave his house because movies and sports sounded so good. You could hear everything going on in them, even in a TV show episode I had seen a few times yet heard some things I had never heard before. There is a reason Klipsch revolutionized the speaker world 65 years ago.