Okay so I've been seeing all these gaming mice threads pop up lately and it's really got me motivated to replace my current mouse.

Currently I have a Razer Deathadder, which I dislike, before this I had a Razer Copperhead, which is the worst mouse I've ever used. By this point Razer is pretty much out of the running, I've simply had it with them.

Now then, as for looking for a new mouse, my three big concerns are Comfort, Precision, and Blue Lighting. Currently I'm looking at CM Storm Sentinel, Mionix Naos 5000, and the last one isn't really a gaming mouse but I've used one very similar to it before and loved it, Microsoft Wireless Mouse.

So I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on what I'm already looking at and some recommendations on ones I didn't list as well. Just for reference I'm going to say my maximum spending for this is $100 but preferably $50 or less.

Aww man I had the deathadder (well actually the Microsoft Habu but same shit) and it was very comfy, I'm rather sad I lost it.

LOL my friend has/had (I don't remember) the copperhead and it is the worst moust for comfort. :cheers:

Why don't you like the Deathadder, and why do you buy stuff you hate??

I have the storm sentinel. FANTASTIC mouse. Not a single snag with the software profiles ( featuring blue lighting).

The on the fly switching of DPI is really handy when changing when needed.So far I have only uses this during gaming, but to great effect.

The weights offered are sufficient for adjustment for a average user and I havent had any problems with the scroll wheel or faulty buttons.

My only issue is with the build quality. Overall it offers a good feel, personally I would say its for people that rest their palm on the very 'tail' of the mouse or completely on the desk and use a finger oriented setup to play.

As for the build, the perforated black metal on the top of the mouse surrounding the LED is beginning to flake away ( now reaching two years of use). Presumably from the heat and perspiration, but I have to readily admit that I am not a particularly sweaty user.

Also a bit of a cosmetic issue rises from wear on the thin film layer which is suppose to protect the material used for the back end is beginning to come away. Difficult to notice but still an issue.

Since their are no actual performance reducing issues cropping out, I can recommended the mouse, comfort and precision are both there.

with those larger then average/intense moisture inducing palm players out there needing to look into other options.

Edited by That_Canadian

Aww man I had the deathadder (well actually the Microsoft Habu but same .) and it was very comfy, I'm rather sad I lost it.

LOL my friend has/had (I don't remember) the copperhead and it is the worst moust for comfort. :cheers:

Why don't you like the Deathadder, and why do you buy stuff you hate??

I don't like the shape of the deathadder at all myself, it's too slim and just leaves my thumb, pink, whatever that finger next to the pink is, it just leaves them hanging. I've used mice that are more ergonomic and support these fingers and it just feels better.

My problem with the copperhead wasn't comfort, although you're right about it being very uncomfortable, my problem with it with it was that it had this issue where single left clicks would register as double left clicks. Supposedly there was a driver/firmware that fixed this but I never got it working properly, still have the mouse in a drawer somewhere though.

I don't like the deathadder because it's not very precise, it's jiggles around for me a lot. Now to be fair this isn't the 3500 DPI version, this is the 1800 DPI, but still I don't think it should be doing any jiggling like it does because I've used 400 and 800 DPI mouse that were more smooth and precise. Also like I said already, not very comfortable to me.

The reason I bought stuff I hate is because of how people talk about Razer, most people on here seem to agree that Razer makes good mice, so I gave it a shot twice and after two bad experiences a third time just isn't going to happen. Actually I shouldn't say I hate it, I don't hate the Deathadder but rather I'm just really disappointed in it, it just didn't live up to expectations.

I have the storm sentinel. FANTASTIC mouse. Not a single snag with the software profiles ( featuring blue lighting).

The on the fly switching of DPI is really handy when changing when needed.So far I have only uses this during gaming, but to great effect.

The weights offered are sufficient for adjustment for a average user and I havent had any problems with the scroll wheel or faulty buttons.

My only issue is with the build quality. Overall it offers a good feel, personally I would say its for people that rest their palm on the very 'tail' of the mouse or completely on the desk and use a finger oriented setup to play.

As for the build, the perforated black metal on the top of the mouse surrounding the LED is beginning to flake away ( now reaching two years of use). Presumably from the heat and perspiration, but I have to readily admit that I am not a particularly sweaty user.

Also a bit of a cosmetic issue rises from wear on the thin film layer which is suppose to protect the material used for the back end is beginning to come away. Difficult to notice but still an issue.

Since their are no actual performance reducing issues cropping out, I can recommended the mouse, comfort and precision are both there.

with those larger then average/intense moisture inducing palm players out there needing to look into other options.

Thanks for the input. :D

Knowing about the sweat factor, it sounds like this might now be the mouse for me as there are time my palms get pretty sweaty. I think I'll keep it in mind yet though because it does seem like a good bang for buck option to me, plus the appearance isn't a big deal to aside from the blue lights, I'm a sucker for the lighting. :lol:

So far I'm still leaning towards the Microsoft wireless mouse, the price is just really and I know I would like it a lot. Only problem with it is the scroll wheel, it doesn't have any clicks to tell you how much you're scrolling so it's pretty impractical in games.

Well, this one here is on my must have list;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261

I definitely like the look of that, although one of the reviews I saw for it mentioned that the right click is a little too easy to accidentally click so that could be a problem for me. The price is definitely a plus, it's priced pretty well for it's features.

I know. I've been looking at it for a while and it's killing me that it's priced so inexpensively right now. I "need" it like I need a hole in the head :)

Love my DeathAdder so it sucks to hear you don't like yours.

Other mice I have had a lot of success with:

Logitech MX series

Razer (but not the copperhead lolz)

SteelSeries

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

I used to play games pretty competitively in HS, so it wasn't uncommon for me to destroy a mouse over time. All of those are still going strong, however.

I definitely like the look of that, although one of the reviews I saw for it mentioned that the right click is a little too easy to accidentally click so that could be a problem for me. The price is definitely a plus, it's priced pretty well for it's features.

Ive tried that mouse before very good feel and quality . After that I recommended it to my friend (who's not my friend anymore) he bought it and replaced it after 2 days to Raza Deathadder . Idiot !

EDIT:Its on sale right now!I remember when that mouse was over $100 when came out .

Edited by ALUCARD95

I've decided that I will go with the CM Sentinel, but I'm putting it on hold right now and will get it when I feel the time is right.

I've decided that I will go with the CM Sentinel, but I'm putting it on hold right now and will get it when I feel the time is right.

Give me feed back after you buy it please .