Prunes

Little stupid question

When you guys post scores in the 3dmark 11 scorethread, what numbers are you refering too?

This is the score I got.

The big number at the top that says P4177 3dmarks :P

Your score seems really low btw :-/

Edited by Owenisbad

His score is low, that card should get well over 50 fps and he didn't get 20 if I looked at it right. and Ecofriendly the only stupid question is one you don't ask.l

Edited by wormy

It also say that my score is low compared to others with similiar rigs. You guys have any clue what it could be? I'll provide the details needed. Just ask.

well what all do you have running while you run the benchmark? try running as little as possible. Have you updated your drivers or are you using what came on the disk? my HD5850 is scoring better than that 560 and I'm sure that aint right.

well what all do you have running while you run the benchmark? try running as little as possible. Have you updated your drivers or are you using what came on the disk? my HD5850 is scoring better than that 560 and I'm sure that aint right.

This, update the drivers to the latest version and close everything in the background. Also what did you use to stability check your cpu overclock and what ram and monitor are you using? (sorry for stupid amount of questions :P ) There's no way my pc should be getting 600pts more than yours.

do you have single channel memory? some people have done that mistake in the past.

I'll see if I have the newest driver. I should, but will check first.

Got a few things in the background like steam, dropbox and some more.

My ram is 2x4gb vengeance. Haven't touched anything in the BIOS regarding ram. (I know I should, but don't know anything about it.)

I've been running prime blend test for 2 hours, which properly ain't enough.

My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 226bw.

do you have single channel memory? some people have done that mistake in the past.

I'm quite sure my ram is dual channel. They are placed the way the manual said.

Edited by Ecofriendly

and I opened my fingers before I thought, you card should perform right inline with mine its the fact that you have physics enabled that helps the score more than mine. and the fps should be a little higher but not much. yeah its running dual channel. not sure what the issue could be just wait till the more knowledgeable members chime in. Also when you overclocked your cpu I see you raised the multi have you tried to lower it and raise the bclock(i think thats what it is on an intel) to see if that will make a difference?

edited to add to the post.

Edited by wormy

I don't see any major problems there, steam and dropbox shouldn't lower your score that much really but try closing them anyway. 2 hours of prime blend should be stable enough for vantage at least. Your ram looks fine from cpu z, but its only showing 1333mhz in your 3dmark 11 score?

Edited by Owenisbad

My RAM was already at 1600MHz, so all I did was setting the VRAM voltage to 1.65 and shutting off some of the background programs.

It helped the score a wee bit, so it's now http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1290766

But if you say that's a decent score, then I guess I'll just leave it at that.

I'm going to try and overclock my gpu later today (first time for that ever), so hopefully I'll be able to post some better scores.

Edited by Ecofriendly