Most grapical games

TCcomputers29

Witcher 2 is just really poorly optimized for hardware, I think thats all that makes it 'demanding'.

Really? For how amazing it looks, it runs pretty well.

The topic is demanding games. :P

Witcher 2 would rank up there with new games. At launch ARMA II was pretty brutal but I don't know if it still is.

ARMA II is definitely still demanding.

Offtopic but, how IS Witcher 2? I was thinking of getting it . . .

Amazing.

witcher 2

:withstupid:

:withstupid:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my Space heater.... I mean 3 way sli GTX 480's.... either way. I can eisily play metro 2033 maxed out with no lag and run the stalker COP without a hitch. Now when I move over to Crysis warhead then I notice a SLIGHT lag when I move into X16Q AA with everything else maxed out.... for now that is the only game that I have ran across that bogs down even a little bit. That is with the GPU's at stock and the mod I use for crysis warhead is mechwarrior living legends. :rofl: Its a great game but the Graphic disigners are a touch over enthused so far as explosions go. One blows up they all blow up. now all they need to do is make the terrain explodable then we will really see some GPU's on there knees.

I have to ask. To me Metro 2033 is a much better looking game than Crysis, so why is it that boinker would see some lag from Crysis but not the newer title? Playing through Crysis it just seems more to me like the engine isn't very efficient, at least compared to more modern ones. What makes it so power hungry compared to what I think are more visually detailed and intense games?

I have to ask. To me Metro 2033 is a much better looking game than Crysis, so why is it that boinker would see some lag from Crysis but not the newer title? Playing through Crysis it just seems more to me like the engine isn't very efficient, at least compared to more modern ones. What makes it so power hungry compared to what I think are more visually detailed and intense games?

You pretty much got it right, the engine they used was just poorly optimized for the most part. I think some of it could have to do with drivers as well, Crysis is a bit old for 480s so the optimization just isn't there like drivers for the 8800 during Crysis' time. Kind of like if you were to play a game from 2002 on one of the current GPUs, that game will probably get something like 20-30 FPS, but that's not really a comparison, just an example of how drivers don't optimize for older games on newer cards.

Not only optimization but also the fact that most of Crysis takes place outdoors so there is more to render

That's also a really good point, I remember a lot of the outdoor stuff in Metro 2033 really pushing my card actually. Same goes for Crysis but it wasn't quite as bad as Metro.