Why do you OC?

primarily for performance i.e. to reduce multimedia encoding / conversion times or reduce gaming bottlenecks

+1 -- video encoding and FSX/Crysis all benefit from an OC. That and I like to fold :foldon:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Speed up games

2.speed up boot times

3.Because I can

4.Its bad@$$

5. The ability to tell people my PC is faster then theirs :evilgrin:

Edited by Black6464

I had tried a bit of OC. I managed to overclock 200mhz of my 955 just increasing the multiplier. And I could say it`s very fun and addictive! Did not wanted to go further because I own stock cooler and my system is hot as hell, can`t find reason for this.

Overclockin is for newbs! Real gamers/enthusiasts buy their computers from Walmart!!

Oooo... or they buy from Gateway!

oOooOooooOOOooo... or from Alienware!

teehee.gifdoh.gifph34r2.gif

I used to overclock so i could play games at higher resolutions and detail. But i must admit that with my current system i only overclock because i can and to benchmark. If i left everything at stock i would still be extremely happy with the performance.

The first introduction to oc for me was on the amd athlon xp system. These systems ran at a fsb of 100 MHz, and offered an overclock to 133 MHz. So the first time I overclocked, it was because of curiousity.

Because I can. If there's free performance there (well...if we don't count what I've spent on water cooling parts) I'm going to get it when I overclock. :lol: