VIDEO CARD DILEMA

The 560 ti card scale extremely well when you push the clock speeds. I had forgotten how well until this weekend . I have been re running all my benchmarks again with the latest drivers and the 560 ti scales so well. IN BFBC2 at 1920x1200 it is easily better than the 6950 2GB and even the 6970.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI wevs: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=185192 (not a MSI Afterburner issue, I don't know what the hell it is).

It doesn't help that I'm having crossfire issues, I was really hoping for some awesome performance boosts to compete with my GTX 570's, but my GTX 570's are hassle free and stay overclocked stable without issue. Even with a SLI hack, my GTX 460 1GB's on an AM3 motherboard were stable (except memory overclocks weren't stable). Having a back-up secondary computer in case my main computer goes down isn't good when it's down because of some unknown crossfire/driver issues. I'll be taking apart the 2nd HD 6970 to put into another build, it's overkill for my needs, anyway.

While there are people that have crossfire working fine for them (lucky bastids), it's given me nothing but headaches.

I'd stick with Nvidia for this round.

Another vote for the 560. I am starting to run into more issues with AMD gaming wise again, where as Nvidia works fine :(

And for the most part I find Nvidia to be faster out of the gate driver wise.

As long as your dont expect to raise your resolution 1gb should be "ok" but know that the memory is the bottleneck in the SLI/CF setup.

I vote sticking with your 460's since they still do everything you need them too though! Swap that upgrade bug off!

I think you should just save your money. This upgrade bug is just too costly. I get a bad case of the "I Wants" too but I just have to say no sometimes and ride it out....

They need a support group for this stuff....I know it would save me a ton of money...well that and switching to GEICO...:)

They need a support group for this stuff....I know it would save me a ton of money...well that and switching to GEICO...:)

Good stuff Doc :)

And thanks for all the updates on current AMD Crossfire issues/headaches. That saves me the same.

Looks like it will be the twin 560s then or just sticking with the 460s I've got right now.

Thanks guys.

I will sell you two EVGA Superclocked 570HD's for 610 shipped.

One is been used for about 1.5 weeks. The other is brand new in box.

Thanks for the offer SF - but that's a bit more money than I have to spend.

It's hard to say, because he started out emphasizing the use of a 1GB (since 560s are primarily 1GB) but since the 6950 popped in the mix he asked if 1GB or 2GB would be better. (though a couple 560s are also 2GB)

Thank you!