Setting up proxy server

lost

Anyone know how to set up a proxy server? What program to use? .. etc

Back story: For the summer, I got myself a boring job at school. I wanted to set up a proxy server at home, so I could spend the hours playing Starcraft 2, and WOW. I wanted to set up my own proxy server at home, to connect to from school to play. I've tried googling, but all the search results I get show me how to connect to the free proxy servers online.

Why do you need a proxy server to do this? Most schools won't forward ports for you but neither of those games require any open ports to run properly...

Why do you need a proxy server to do this? Most schools won't forward ports for you but neither of those games require any open ports to run properly...

Last year, I saw people bring in WOW on their flash drive, and they were able to play it on the school computer.

But when I tried yesterday with my laptop, plugging into the computer, internet worked fine, but none of the games would connect. So I figured they blocked the ports the game needs?

Last year, I saw people bring in WOW on their flash drive, and they were able to play it on the school computer.

But when I tried yesterday with my laptop, plugging into the computer, internet worked fine, but none of the games would connect. So I figured they blocked the ports the game needs?

Why couldn't you just run it like normal on your laptop? Did you try the flash drive on the school computer?

It may be as simple as emailing your IT staff and asking them about it. Rarely do schools actively block outgoing connections like that.

Edited by Waco