Opinions needed on new gpu

Nyt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I play all my games on 1080p with med settings, and what i read a 4830 as basically equal to a 4770 in performance. a 8800 will draw a lot more power!

Not sure why anyone would give the 8800GTS a thumbs down.....................

I've had two of those cards and they were the sh8t back in the day. If it were me I'd be leaning towards the 8800GTS, but if you keep looking maybe you'll run across a used but loved HD 5770. Which I think would be the perfect compromise.

Well the 4770 deal guy pulled his sale .

So these are my choices :

GT520 1GB : One of my old spare cpu's + $10

9500GT 1gb : $40

8600GT 512mb : $40

8800GT 512mb : $45

GT240 1gb : $50

HD4850 512mb : $50

8800GTX 769mb : $60

GTS250 1gb : $60

GT430 2gb brand new : $70

HD5750 1gb : $80

9800GT 512mb brand new : $80

HD5570 brand new : $80

GTX275 896mb : $90

What should I get ?

Added other available new gpu's ...

I'll sell you two 8800 GT's for 75 shipped.

I noticed you were in my for sale thread talking about banning me ( thanks for not doing it), once El Captain receives his CPU today I think I have regained my reputation.

Ccokeman also can verify that I have sold items on the forum before without any issues.

I'll sell you two 8800 GT's for 75 shipped.

I noticed you were in my for sale thread talking about banning me ( thanks for not doing it), once El Captain receives his CPU today I think I have regained my reputation.

Ccokeman also can verify that I have sold items on the forum before without any issues.

Shipping to SA kills deals since its so expensive but I'l see what I can find locally :)

I wouldn't ban you :P It was more like a joke :)

I'm not a fanboy of any sorts so let's get that out of the way up front. Of all the cards you listed I'm really keen on the HD 5750 for $80.

I've had one of those in my HTPC rig for about a year now and it's a really decent card for what it is. Never caused me any problems, ever. Video playback is great plus it's got HDMI audio out if that is of any importance.

However, from the "deal" standpoint I think that the GTS 520 might be the best value depending on what "old" cpu you are trading for it.