Seti Vs. Folding

c0ld

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would have happened if no one had done research into what was ailing you when you did go? You probably could have died from something as simple as a cold, to the pnemonia you had at 8 (generality). But that research is justified right? Why because it saved you? Now what if you were the person that wanted to be able to just go to the doctor and get that medicine for pnemonia, but now you are going to die because no one wanted to help out researching it and find a cure... How about when you "tough it out" and take that nyquil or tylenol to bring a fever down, was that research just as frivilous as mis-folding proteins? It saved your life, it saved others and that's what it's about...

Tell me you have never taken a headache medicine or something to relieve a fever, because I doubt that you possibly could without lying...

I am going to go play poker, I will tear apart whatever you have to say when I get back, so you have time to make it good... I like discussions

Headache medicine, no. Fever medicine, yes. The only reason I hever have a headache is becuase I've not eaten for a day or more, I hit my head, or refresh rate was too low.

Heh, I need to go get some more chips and soda.

Edited by c0ld

So you obviously weren't cool with dying that time you had a fever because you took something to bring it down... So pretty much what your saying is that it's okay to do the research to save my own life, but not others.... s e l f i s h

I am selfish. As are you. And all other humans. And it's not that I wasn't cool with dying, I was young and was still in the hands of my parents, I didn't have much idea about what was going on.

Addition: I never said I lived my entire life by that idea, nor made any remark that justifies your arbitrary statement.

No? :huh:

Isn't what your spouting a little bit generalised/arbitary/judgemental? <_<

For example... the spin (you'll have to perhaps clarify this further) on what you're saying is that if you don't contribute the community somehow, you don't deserve to benefit from it's fruits?... that sound about right?

Firstly... there's this really 'old concept' of Karma and doing good deeds will eventually find their way back to you... you wont always be on-top of your game... wouldn't it be comforting to know that there'd be someone there to give you a hand?

And as far as these DC projects we (OCC) do, there's the spirit of competition, fun and obviously giving back to the community through our hobby, that motivate us :D

Additionally... selfishness? prolonging agony/life/death... who are YOU to decide when people should die... they deserve options! and the opportunity to make informed decisions!

What do you know of suffering related to genetic disorders? I work with people who are dibilitated by these and worse... and believe me they've done their share of contributing over their 'lifetime'... don't they deserve quality of life?