Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

[PC] Hellgate: Gobal

If I had to choose between this or Torchlight 2, I'd probably buy Torchlight 2 (1 time purchase, unlocks all). Not to mention mods and etc.

Torchlight was ok for me. But I can't stand isometric view.

Aside from being un-playable the first day, CBT went smoothly for this in my opinion. Its a good fun game to play with a bunch of friends, though the $4 ticket may persuade some people to not even bother with it...

So far it's been ok. First day or two was pretty much problem free. Last couple days have had some DC and connection issues. Last night though they seemed to smooth it out again. Overall i'm just happy enough to have HGL back. I played the original from day one all the way to the last seconds they shut the server down in 2009.

Once they smooth out the server connection issues my main concern atm is FPS drops making it slideshow for like 10-20 secs at a time randomly and sometimes one right after the other. Tried different drivers and disabling xfire to no avail. Only thing that makes the freezes stop for me is running minimum settings...which sucks with my specs...lol. Doesn't just seem to be an ATI thing either. I know a few others with the same thing hapening on ATI and Nvidia cards with 512mb - 1gb ram video cards. Yet theres a guy in my guild playing on a netbook and it runs perfect...lol

edit: Also the $4 ticket is tradeable in game. I've seen them being sold/bought for 250-500k in game palladium. Most common price atm seems to be 300k. Which by the time you reach the end of Act 2 you will easily have enough to buy one in game. As long as you don't waste your money on worthless junk that you will outgrow anyways as you level. So if you can't afford or are unable to buy because of no paypal/credit card/etc or even if you just refuse to buy one on "principle" because you bought the original game already (kind of silly IMO as it's a different company that owns the game now and we didn't buy it from them...I don't cry about having a Founders acct and a acct that was subbed the entire time + 3 other non-subbed accounts. Puts me defintely on the higher end of the scale of people that lost a lot when it went offline(lol long parentheses) ) then you can basically still play for free since they made it easy to buy one from someone in game.

Edited by Raiderfan001