Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

[PC] Hellgate: Gobal

For anyone who remembers Hellgate: London a few years ago and its server closing not so far afterwards. It's returning now as a Free-2-Play game.

You can grab a Closed Beta Key from one of these sites.

150 Keys at time of post here

Edited by Krazyxazn

I was in the beta for Hellgate: London and didn't really like it. Don't think I would like this either.

Glad I never got this game back in the day (though a friend did and I played their copy) despite how fun it was. Good to see it coming back for everybody to enjoy, though I do hope they go the route of APB and give retail owners of the game something extra to make up for the issue.

I won't be grabbing a key myself but I did try out the game when it first came out and really liked it a lot. Having some of the people from Diablo 2 working on it probably affected my opinion on it, it does have a bit of Diablo atmosphere about it in my opinion.

I wasn't keen on Hellgate at all, but F2P means I'll give it another go...

Hellgate London was really fun for some reason then sharply became less fun and I stopped playing. I may check this out once I catch up on all my other titles

Been waiting for this to be re-released ever since the server went down lol.

I did this "You can make a gamble and click “apply now”. If the image shows that “Your courage has been noted”. Then congratulations you are going to be a CBT tester! (It’s a 50-50 chance)"

And I got the image saying I was accepted...no key though...am I supposed to get an email or does it show anywhere on my account?

HGL failed because of horrible management and failed PR/marketing, not because of lack of fun. It's definitely worth checking out for those that skipped the previous one.

Open beta starts tonight at 7:30pm EST. From what I know about the Japan server though this can pretty much be considered the full release as the odds of a wipe after OB are slim to none. Been a change in the pricing though if it being F2P is what attracted you to maybe playing. It is F2P up to Act 2. After that you'll have to buy a ticket that unlocks Acts 3-5 and also the additional areas (Stonehenge, 2nd Attack, The Abyss). The ticket is only $4 though.