3500 With A 9700 Pro......

Bionix

Why is my score sooooo low? I hear people saying they get up into the 15-16 thousands with cards not that much better than mine. Before i reformated my hard drive i ran 3dmark and got 4100, after i got 3600. Both of these are incredibly low.

I have the catalyst 4.1 driver installed

What should my settings be in the "ATi Display settings"?

The default is 1024x768 correct?

Im kinda new to OC, so please bear with me

my system =

AMD AthlonXP 2800+ 333 FSB Processor

Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Motherboard 1AGP 5PCI

120 GB Hard Drive, 8MB Cache 7200 RPM

1024MB PC2700 DDR Memory

ATI Radeon 9700 PRO AGP8X Graphics Card

16X DVD (48x CDROM)

48x24x48 CDRW

Creative Labs Audigy Sound Card

What version are you using? With either one your scores should be higher. Here's what i would do:

1. Uninstall the cat 4.1s using a driver cleaner

2. Install the cat 3.2s or 3.7s

3. Under your 3D Tab in your video card, adjust the slider to the all the way to the left

4. Open 3Dmark, CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up task manager, set your 3DMark priority to high

5. Disable any programs you have running in the background (i.e. VirusScan, RealPlayer, etc...)

6. Run 3DMark

These few little steps will help you alot. I have a ton of tweaks and pointers, but these are just the main ones I do. Let me know how it goes.

this is an accepting community right?

ok, im not affraid to ask...

What's a good driver cleaner? I've never heard of one..

annnnd can anyone comment on which drivers to get? as suggested by nuclear... either the 3.2's or 3.7s

thx

oh oh btw, when u guys are saying.. your benchmark score... are you refering to the entire system benchmark, or just the video?

Edited by Bionix

As far as 03 scores are concerned they are a little low, but in the ballpark for correct...

I have a 9700pro and scored 5200 with my 2500+ OCed to 3200+ speeds... You can OC that card to around 360 core and 340 memory no problems for benching runs...