How often do upgrade your video drivers?

neddamttocs

59 members have voted

1. 1. How often do upgrade your video drivers?

• As Soon as they come out
    • Wait a month to see if they are worth it
    • Wait until i need to (i.e Game/Program Requires it)
    • Only after major system updates
    • Update, whats this update you speak of?

Yeah guilty here too, I D/L'd them but haven't installed them.

Huh?? I've had no issues at all with any new drivers, mind you I'm still on the 11.4s but I will install 11.5 when I get home and see how it does. Why so nervous?

i tried 10.6-9 and they all sucked terribly for crossfire stability, especially in bad company 2

then i tried 11.5 and it worked for a while then i started to get this weird blinking effect in all my games

ill try 11.4 soon and see how that does

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried 10.6-9 and they all sucked terribly for crossfire stability, especially in bad company 2

then i tried 11.5 and it worked for a while then i started to get this weird blinking effect in all my games

ill try 11.4 soon and see how that does

yeah none of the 11's gave me any issues with BFBC2 but I'll gladly install 11.5 tonight and see if I have issues with it.

make sure you do this, before running 11.5 http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52502 ALL of it! Registry, file folders, driver sweeper. I bet your problems will be fixed!

I tend to ignore them unless I have a problem with something. I do update them every few months even if I'm not having problems to get the performance improvements though.

yeah none of the 11's gave me any issues with BFBC2 but I'll gladly install 11.5 tonight and see if I have issues with it.

make sure you do this, before running 11.5 http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52502 ALL of it! Registry, file folders, driver sweeper. I bet your problems will be fixed!

well i found the culprit, looks like changing the color properties (gamma, brightness ETC) for the desktop displays creates a conflict when trying to play a game, thats what made the flickering. It looked like the screen was rapidly switching from deafults to my custom settings.