Sign in to follow this  
TheMumm

[HALP!] Radeon 6970 Issues

Ok, so I got a shiny, new 6970 with my tax monies. After a long story over here: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=185021&st=0 , I got it working. No issues, at first, I was able to get a few hours of Crysis 2 in before the problems started. I look up at my screen, and there's tons of artifacts floating around. Out of bloody nowhere. So, I immediately exit, and on the desktop are some more artifacts, hidden away at the bottom of my screen in the task bar. Load up the 'ol browser and as soon as I move the window, more appears in the transparant space between the URL bar and the top of the window.

Example:

post-69187-13060249557927_thumb.png

It's been a few hours now, I've removed all the drivers for it, and reinstalled the latest 11.5 drivers from AMD's website. At the end of the installation, I get an error report. The driver installer did not recognize the hardware.

I'm fairly bummed at the moment about this; I just got it working last night, and after nearly a day of working well, it starts doing this. Shall I send for a replacement? (it's an XFX, registered.)

I say RMA that .. Even if you do get it working it could still have underlying problems that pop up later down the road.

I say RMA that .. Even if you do get it working it could still have underlying problems that pop up later down the road.

:withstupid:

Definitely RMA worthy