My New build begins!

since you cant clock the 2500K with baseclock, memory speed will not affect the cpu overclock. But you will see MINOR improvements in some areas with faster memory... Latency (CL rating) might be worth 5 extra $, vut seriously any 1333 cl9 will be fine for 99% of the time, even for most overclockers (not very much to brag about though...)

True, but if you are looking to squeeze the very most performance out of your system...every little bit helps. The memory bandwidth gained from 1600 -> 2133 was worth the extra $20 bucks to me.

DDR3 1600 @ 6-8-6-24:

a2.jpg

DDR3 2133 @ 7-10-8-27:

d2.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but if you are looking to squeeze the very most performance out of your system...every little bit helps. The memory bandwidth gained from 1600 -> 2133 was worth the extra $20 bucks to me.

DDR3 1600 @ 6-8-6-24:

PICTURE!

DDR3 2133 @ 7-10-8-27:

PICTURE!

We're talking real life, calculators can make numbers grow too but I bet I could sit you at two machines running one or the other and you couldn't tell the difference without snooping.

DDR3 1600 @ 6-8-6-24:

PIC!

DDR3 2133 @ 7-10-8-27:

PIC!

The real difference is the latency (as i said). The difference in bandwith is just 10% according to your pictures, but the speed difference is 33%... So if you are noticing difference it is the latency...

Edited by medbor